João Félix

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If transfermarkt are right and Cam signed a 3 year contract when rejoining us. Then in terms of squad cost it'll free up 6.5 to 7m in wages+amort. Which is sizable enough. 

If we Sold Duran for example we'd free up around 4.5m in squad cost. If we sold him for £35m we'd book 24m profit and that would be pro rata to 8m. So the squad cost benefit. is material

If we assume for a sample calc 330m squad cost and 400m income and the above numbers. 

Selling Cam = 1.75% improvement in the ratio % and 2.72% increase for Duran. 

However for PSR Cam = 7m while Duran = 29.5m 

Shows how different the two calcs are

So if you then factor in Felix for example. Let's say he'll be £7.5m amortisation and 7.5m wages. So this is a 15m cost in squad cost calc (maybe slightly less as only 10 months for the season). So Cam sale would "fund" half of Felix in squad cost terms

Its a stretch to say Archer is funding the [potential] Felix transfer, he was literally only signed 6 weeks ago and we're selling him for basically the same as what we've bought him for, maybe a small profit, the net result is basically it hasn't effected our budget at all since June

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Its a stretch to say Archer is funding the [potential] Felix transfer, he was literally only signed 6 weeks ago and we're selling him for basically the same as what we've bought him for, maybe a small profit, the net result is basically it hasn't effected our budget at all since June

I just explained the rules. It's clear we are being prudent and ensuring we stay within the SCR compliance. So a player like Archer leaving free's up cost which in turn lowers the squad cost ration, so no matter what that part is factually accurate. How we choose to use the headroom that creates is unclear. 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I just explained the rules. It's clear we are being prudent and ensuring we stay within the SCR compliance. So a player like Archer leaving free's up cost which in turn lowers the squad cost ration, so no matter what that part is factually accurate. How we choose to use the headroom that creates is unclear. 

That makes sense but the expected very high cost of any Felix deal (esp wages) would put us back to being very close to SCR limits would it not?

Why are people suddenly confident this is happening?  Everything I've seen suggests he's close to joining Chelsea?

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Why are people suddenly confident this is happening?  Everything I've seen suggests he's close to joining Chelsea?

Honestly seems 50/50. There's is on twitter posts that Felix put up a story on Insta of him in Chelsea gear but that's not true.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Matteo Moretto has said this morning that Chelsea are still negotiating over the respective pricing of Gallagher and Felix. He’s going there unless it all breaks down. 

People saw the Archer sale and got ahead of themselves. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Matteo Moretto has said this morning that Chelsea are still negotiating over the respective pricing of Gallagher and Felix. He’s going there unless it all breaks down. 

People saw the Archer sale and got ahead of themselves. 

Alternatively its been said that Athletico, Villa and Felix have all but agreed a deal, however Villa can't afford the fee yet and are awaiting sales and the Archer deal probably does enough

Just now, zak said:

Alternatively its been said that Athletico, Villa and Felix have all but agreed a deal, however Villa can't afford the fee yet and are awaiting sales and the Archer deal probably does enough

Alternatively as several journalists have pointed out, we’ve not made any formal bids due to the complicated financials. 

I'd guess Chelsea would offer a better wage than us so if both deals get offered, it's more likely he's go there. I reckon he'd chose us over them if similar wages were offered

I know he is the "final piece" and all but surely a defender comes in no?

If Felix did arrive it would signal some intent. The results could go either way though.

Says it all to me that this guy would rather slog it out with a thousand teenagers at Chelsea for the privilege of maybe scraping the top 6 rather than coming and playing Champions League football with Villa and potentially competing for a trophy.

Sad sack.

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Considering you battered a guy on another thread over providing “no facts” you sure do peddle a lot of opinion as fact yourself 

Romano stated that Felix has agreed all terms with Chelsea and that Chelsea was his preferred destination.

It's not opinion. 

Thanks for trying though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Romano stated that Felix has agreed all terms with Chelsea and that Chelsea was his preferred destination.

It's not opinion. 

Thanks for trying though.

Did he say it was his preferred destination? Must have missed that, where was that said?

Have seen he said yes to chelsea, that does not mean he has or would say no to Villa or that they are preferred.

Obviously if it's been said Chelsea is preferred and iv missed it, that changes my view abit on where he's going

Edited by zak

20 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

I know he is the "final piece" and all but surely a defender comes in no?

If Felix did arrive it would signal some intent. The results could go either way though.

That is what I am worried about. Usually our intent signings fail miserably- Coutinho, Collymore etc.

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s still very much going to Chelsea as it stands. 

Oh for sure. It's probably better for us longer terms to go with a less risky alternative than Felix

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Oh for sure. It's probably better for us longer terms to go with a less risky alternative than Felix

I trust them to find us a name we probably don’t expect. Felix is an exciting link for sure, but I am sure other names will be just as great too. 

• Like 1

I've agreed with Jas 10 (and others) about Felix's undoubted talent since the speculation started, but any player that we sign must totally want to be part of the "Villa Project".

This season is going to be bloody hard work for our players, and that will take total dedication.

I don't see that in Joao Felix's career so far.

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've agreed with Jas 10 (and others) about Felix's undoubted talent since the speculation started, but any player that we sign must totally want to be part of the "Villa Project".

This season is going to be bloody hard work for our players, and that will take total dedication.

I don't see that in Joao Felix's career so far.

THE Jas10? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â