João Félix

Delphinho123

14 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

El chringuito is known for just spouting shit and make things up... Dont believe it for a second. He'll end up in Chelsea.

Fabrizio Romano follows them, and Romano doubling down on Felix to Chelsea, has retweeted his post about it.  

I personally don't buy it that Archer sale free's up the money for Felix. 

However as the club is run by some incredibly savvy people. It could be that Diaby + Archer or Diaby + Duran would free up enough space in the books for Felix. Archer will free up 5m in cost and maybe book us 5/6 million in profit. It just seems all reliable sources saying he'll be going to Chelsea.

Edited by CVByrne

I don’t think Archer’s sale is to free up money - I think it frees up a space in the squad.

The Felix transfer hasn’t been to my taste but I’ve suddenly got a very strange feeling that this is happening.

• Like 2

Just now, JPAngel said:

I don’t think Archer’s sale is to free up money - I think it frees up a space in the squad.

The Felix transfer hasn’t been to my taste but I’ve suddenly got a very strange feeling that this is happening.

You can have a squad of as many as you want (ask Chelsea) you just can only register a certain amount for competitions.

Could just loan him out if he wasn't going to be registered. But then again may aswell sell them and ..free up some money 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 479Villan said:

If Unai really really wants him, that's all I need to know. And those saying "this is the kind of transfer drama you get if you want to be a big boy" are dead on right.

Thats not true at all. City, Arsenal and before this summer Liverpool rarely have transfer dramas

24 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

What more proof do we need! Get those shirts printed 😄

EDIT: I'm joking clearly, but I do also have a feeling. I kind of had the same feeling with Sneijder, Kluivert (in 2002), Rashica and a few others though unfortunately. 

Maybe this time! 

Edited by Rolta
  • Haha 1

Given what we were told about Diaby moving to satisfy SCR, this indicates that the wage bill is very high. Do we have the room for Felix? Did Diaby move to make room for him or do we need another big earner to head out?

Out of curiosity I went on to a Chelsea Forum to get a feel for their opinion on signing Felix. 

Made for slightly worrying reading - general consensus being that they didnt really want him but would be happy for him to come as a back up/ supersub/ rotation option. Many prefer Carney oddly and are upset he doesnt get more of a chance.

Obviously, with it being Chelsea, a lot of speculation and theories as to how it would just be an accounting move to game the books.

On his last spell with them they felt he was underwhelming, not as good as expected and kinda lazy.

Obviously theres a massive caveat in that they are Chelsea fans and have an understandably skewed perspective on things as they have had huge periods of semi recent success and have seen some of the worlds greatest players come and go from their club. However it did dampen my excitement about the prospect of Felix coming here

Then again, they didnt have an Unai Emery in charge so probably counts for nowt 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

If it does happen it will be epic, on here ad we have been linked with him from late 2022!

Great to have you onboard! 😎 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JPAngel said:

If transfermarkt are right and Cam signed a 3 year contract when rejoining us. Then in terms of squad cost it'll free up 6.5 to 7m in wages+amort. Which is sizable enough. 

If we Sold Duran for example we'd free up around 4.5m in squad cost. If we sold him for £35m we'd book 24m profit and that would be pro rata to 8m. So the squad cost benefit. is material

If we assume for a sample calc 330m squad cost and 400m income and the above numbers. 

Selling Cam = 1.75% improvement in the ratio % and 2.72% increase for Duran. 

However for PSR Cam = 7m while Duran = 29.5m 

Shows how different the two calcs are

So if you then factor in Felix for example. Let's say he'll be £7.5m amortisation and 7.5m wages. So this is a 15m cost in squad cost calc (maybe slightly less as only 10 months for the season). So Cam sale would "fund" half of Felix in squad cost terms

Edited by CVByrne
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â