João Félix

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We can't afford what he wants to be paid.

We need to sell before we have space to register more players.

OK

so window gazing, needs to be taken with a pinch of salt….until we sell.

Percy today 

After the sale of Diaby, Emery has been targeting the ambitious capture of Joao Felix. The Atletico Madrid forward is regarded as a total “game-changer” for Emery in his style of play, and talks have been ongoing for weeks.

It was always regarded as a difficult deal, with Felix’s huge wages and a significant transfer fee to consider. 
Chelsea also appear most likely to sign the Portuguese, but this is the market Villa are now shopping in under their head coach.

With a few weeks still to go in the transfer window, there is still time for some surprises. Emery’s pursuit of improvement and progress will never stop. Take your seats, Villa fans.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

❌ What João Félix would have LIKED the MOST was to CONTINUE at Barcelona but it is IMPOSSIBLE, now the MAIN PRIORITY is to go to ENGLAND. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

1. 💙 CHELSEA. The club he is CLOSEST to is also because of the Conor Gallagher issue. 

2. 💜 Aston Villa, Unai Emery is IN LOVE with João Félix, but they have Fair Play problems and CAN'T PAY the transfer now but they can REACH the OFFER that Atleti is ASKING for and make a LOAN with a MANDATORY option to buy in 2025. 

3. 🇵🇹 Benfica, it would be a STEP BACK and would be to return, who is INTERESED but it would be a LOAN and not the full part of the salary.

4. 🇸🇦 Saudi Arabia, Jorge Mendes is WORKING and TALKING with 2 - 3 teams if none of these 3 OPTIONS WORKING, that could PAY what Atleti is asking for.

5. 🇪🇸 To stay at Atletico Madrid but NEITHER the player nor the club want to CONTINUE but it is not RULED OUT.

This is lifted but appears to be a copy paste Portuguese or Spanish sports T V

FB_IMG_1723715035265.jpg

Wait  so villa have got to Athletico's asking price but it's paid in 2025 after a loan? Surprised Athletico wouldn't accept that. If true (which I'm not sure) must mean they need to sell for PSR themselves 

56 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

For us to get him after this absolute chore of a transfer and for him to absolutely FLOP would be prime Villa baby,

Prime old Villa, this is new, Unai charged, Villa. 😎😊

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TRO said:

So maybe he should lower his demands, if he wants out of a toxic relationship with his manager…..and in light of his average performances on loans.

I Think Aston Villa potentially offer a lifeline, to get his career back on track and represent the form that some think his talent is capable of producing.

if it is wages, as you say…..he could easily command the contract improvement once he has delivered for us.

I have been questioned, for suggesting his character is flawed…..but on limited information,, and if you are right, wages are the issue…..a committed player to his career improvement, would prioritise that.

I just don’t get the right vibe, with all this…..outside of a loan, where we would not be overly penalised for taking a risk.

Yes, I think your assessment is correct, but I really don't want him under almost any circumstances. I absolutely think we dodged the bullet on Felix. Not worth it, not good for club comity. He may be fairly good, but he reeks immaturity and grandiosity. What do I base that on? All kinds of little bits of information observed and read in the last 18 months or so. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm usually not when I get a negative feeling about a player, whereas I'm admittedly often wrong when I see too much quality in a player who doesn't really have it. Whereas Villa are almost defined by taking under-the-radar players and nurturing them slowly, he's anything but primed for that kind of trajectory at Villa. Hope we've learned our lesson and stay away.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Percy today 

After the sale of Diaby, Emery has been targeting the ambitious capture of Joao Felix. The Atletico Madrid forward is regarded as a total “game-changer” for Emery in his style of play, and talks have been ongoing for weeks.

It was always regarded as a difficult deal, with Felix’s huge wages and a significant transfer fee to consider. 
Chelsea also appear most likely to sign the Portuguese, but this is the market Villa are now shopping in under their head coach.

With a few weeks still to go in the transfer window, there is still time for some surprises. Emery’s pursuit of improvement and progress will never stop. Take your seats, Villa fans.

The Chelsea deal now looks less likely as they are trying to sign Osimehn in a swap deal with Lukaku and one other. Can't see them signing Felix and Osimehn... Even though Chelsea seem to have infinite money and squad positions available.

Edited by Made In Aston

34 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Yes, I think your assessment is correct, but I really don't want him under almost any circumstances. I absolutely think we dodged the bullet on Felix. Not worth it, not good for club comity. He may be fairly good, but he reeks immaturity and grandiosity. What do I base that on? All kinds of little bits of information observed and read in the last 18 months or so. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm usually not when I get a negative feeling about a player, whereas I'm admittedly often wrong when I see too much quality in a player who doesn't really have it. Whereas Villa are almost defined by taking under-the-radar players and nurturing them slowly, he's anything but primed for that kind of trajectory at Villa. Hope we've learned our lesson and stay away.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, zak said:

Wait  so villa have got to Athletico's asking price but it's paid in 2025 after a loan? Surprised Athletico wouldn't accept that. If true (which I'm not sure) must mean they need to sell for PSR themselves 

Chelsea or Saudi will offer the money now

5 hours ago, troon_villan said:

For us to get him after this absolute chore of a transfer and for him to absolutely FLOP would be prime Villa baby,

Stop it!!!

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Every time this thread is bumped I’m hoping it’s because of actual news that it’s over 

Amen to that. He does have nice hair though 😀

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â