João Félix

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Well, yes. My point isn't really much of a point at all. It's a modest one. But still, it seems reasonable to say this one has crossed the line into Saga status, and not all transfers attain such infamy.

We have one every Summer dont we!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Surely evidence should be the basis for forming an opinion. Saying he's not excited to join Villa holds the same weight as someone else saying he's super excited to join Villa. It's just guess work. 

I disagree.....Folk formulate their opinions from a variety of sources, and some opinions, based on their knowledge or intellect are stronger that others.....thats is for recipients to establish in their own minds.

You, or anyone else, doesn't have to agree, it could be gut feel,or perception,  based on experience.

I will say it again.....very few of us fans, have hard evidence, but that doesn't inhibit us from forming an opinion.....sure we all try to be accurate, by gleaning as much information as we can.....but That information, can be limited.

I don't expect, anyone to believe what I say, anymore than I am expected to believe what they say......but I will say this, in being on this site for nearly twenty years, I have built up a understanding, of who's opinion to accept, and who's to be sceptical of.

I will finally say this....even if evidence is given, who is to believe it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, zak said:

Why do you believe him a diva?

He took an unbelievable wage cut to go to Barca.

He has also restructured his wage in order to move elsewhere.

Is it from the way he plays on the field?

It's a host of things....doesn't make me right....it's just my opinion.

He always wanted to play for Barca, so how is that, a claim that he is not a diva.....every player has an eye of playing for Barca, deserving to, is another story.

How do you know, he restructured his wage?....it seems you want evidence from me, but make claims yourself.

I think you have made opinions based on what others have reported......and for me, that's no evidence....its just opinions from a reported source.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

So potentially now the Gallagher deal is off, so Felix is unlikely to go to Chelsea? My head hurts with all this crap, I just want it to be over one way or another.

The problem is, like it or lump it.....we all go by sceptical information.

These guys make a living out of it......and we fall for it, sadly.

Lets be honest, its a form of entertainment, and that is always subjective in any form.

as long as we all take it with a pinch of salt......what's the harm.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

How do you know, he restructured his wage?....it seems you want evidence from me, but make claims yourself.

It’s been reported all over various sources he took a ridiculous hit initially from almost £300k pw to £6k just to make the deal happen … maybe worth doing some research before forming an opinion isn’t such a bad thing. And in what world is Cameron Archer a better option for a team aspiring to cement their place within the elite than a hugely talented player highly regarded by Emery … Games moving on and no place for nostalgia or outdated thinking  based on hunches. I dunno what Felix would be like for us and I have no strong option either way tbh but to label him a diva or question his motives as he’s not walked over hot coals to sign for us is no measure of his desire or professionalism. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Where is this coming from? We couldn't get past the first hurdle, the fee.

and you know this?

and even if its true.....I trust our people, to value a player, correctly.

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It’s been reported all over various sources he took a ridiculous hit initially from almost £300k pw to £6k just to make the deal happen … maybe worth doing some research before forming an opinion isn’t such a bad thing. And in what world is Cameron Archer a better option for a team aspiring to cement their place within the elite than a hugely talented player highly regarded by Emery … Games moving on and no place for nostalgia or outdated thinking  based on hunched. I dunno what Felix would be like for us and I have no strong option either way tbh but to label him a diva or question his motives as he’s not walked over hot coals to sign for us is no measure of his desire professionalism. 

Firstly, I can site, many reports in all walks of life, to be sceptical about....so research doesn't always suffice.

I didn't say Archer, was a better option.....I said I would sooner get behind and honest lad who want to play for us,.....connect with the narrative.

In all our history, we have based our recruitment of players, what are willing to play for us.....I don't want to be a mercenary club like Chelsea.

I have no reason to readjust my words.....it's what I think, sorry, if you don't think the same....I respect the fact you disagree with me, but I haven't said it for effect, just being honest.

PS folk are siting a few twists and turns......I don't want this kind of deal....His value has all been based on what he done at Benfica, and it's all reputation.....I hope we don't get stung.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It’s been reported all over various sources he took a ridiculous hit initially from almost £300k pw to £6k just to make the deal happen … maybe worth doing some research before forming an opinion isn’t such a bad thing. And in what world is Cameron Archer a better option for a team aspiring to cement their place within the elite than a hugely talented player highly regarded by Emery … Games moving on and no place for nostalgia or outdated thinking  based on hunched. I dunno what Felix would be like for us and I have no strong option either way tbh but to label him a diva or question his motives as he’s not walked over hot coals to sign for us is no measure of his desire professionalism. 

Despite what you may think 'you know' based on internet supposition, be assured this lad didn't drop £294k a week for the privilege of trotting out at the Camp Nou ( or whatever it's called these days ). 

Based on Mendes usual form there will be a myriad of ways the true salary got hidden. As far as the player himself goes, I struggle to see why we would go balls out to sign him - he's evidently talented (or was) but banking on this boy to be our marquee signing would never end well.....

I'm sure there's much more value to be had elsewhere. I'd much rather we took a chance on the lad from Besiktas, Kiliscoy (excuse spelling).

Less outlay, less risk and potentially much more upside.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

I disagree.....Folk formulate their opinions from a variety of sources, and some opinions, based on their knowledge or intellect are stronger that others.....thats is for recipients to establish in their own minds.

You, or anyone else, doesn't have to agree, it could be gut feel,or perception,  based on experience.

I will say it again.....very few of us fans, have hard evidence, but that doesn't inhibit us from forming an opinion.....sure we all try to be accurate, by gleaning as much information as we can.....but That information, can be limited.

I don't expect, anyone to believe what I say, anymore than I am expected to believe what they say......but I will say

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Firstly, I can site, many reports in all walks of life, to be sceptical about....so research doesn't always suffice.

I didn't say Archer, was a better option.....I said I would sooner get behind and honest lad who want to play for us,.....connect with the narrative.

In all our history, we have based our recruitment of players, what are willing to play for us.....I don't want to be a mercenary club like Chelsea.

I have no reason to readjust my words.....it's what I think, sorry, if you don't think the same....I respect the fact you disagree with me, but I haven't said it for effect, just being honest.

PS folk are siting a few twists and turns......I don't want this kind of deal....His value has all been based on what he done at Benfica, and it's all reputation.....I hope we don't get stung.

this, in being on this site for nearly twenty years, I have built up a understanding, of who's opinion to accept, and who's to be sceptical of.

What? 

Opinions are opinions but they have a basis. 

You are making opinions about a persons character so I'm asking where the basis is and you don't seem to be able to share.

I have shared evidence that he may not be a diva: pay cut.

And now you question if he did, which baffles me as you seem to have no evidence at all that he didn't, while there are many articles that he did.

I'm not saying all articles/reports etc are correct but there has to be some basis for your beliefs opinions, surely.

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't expect, anyone to believe what I say, anymore than I am expected to believe what they say......but I will say this, in being on this site for nearly twenty years, I have built up a understanding, of who's opinion to accept, and who's to be sceptical of.

Most importantly, we need to trust that our Unai and Monchi would be wiser than to aggressively pursue a player who has no interest in joining 

Personally I think it's the numbers which are the sticking point but let's see.

• Like 1

I posted on here yesterday (i think) saying I thought it was now or never for Felix given the Omorodion deal falling through and Atleti needing cash to confirm other deals. Now I think it'll either be a desperation move from Atletico on the final days of the window or it won't happen at all. It feels like they're trying to get more money for him than anyone is willing to offer and we're just going to play the waiting game to see if it falls into our lap at the end of the window. 

I'm down to feeling like it's a very low % chance this happens really, if we are retaining legitimate interest it's clear there's some major stumbling blocks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I am really reluctant to get excited about a player, who doesn't seem to be excited about joining us.

Most of the many players who have been great for us....never showed any reluctance to join us.....I don't have to name them......But I don't want free loaders, who just seem to want other players in the team, to make their glory.

Players at any level of skill set.....need to work hard, be committed and want the glory......I don't get that vibe in Joao Felix.

The Giroud's, the Felix's, The Gallaghers, and the Lukaku's can **** right off.....I would sooner watch a young boy, trying to learn his trade, with honesty in his belly, make a name for himself with us.....An Andy Gray, if you like.

Same for me and why I've never been keen on Felix as he's a "name."

Our success in last five years has been the young and hungry route. Players like McGinn, Luiz, Cash, Konsa, Ollie and even Rogers for last few months of last season. All with minimal experience of top level football when they joined us, all played huge parts in getting us from newly promoted to CL in a relatively short period. Could probably add Emi in that as he only played 20 or so games for Arsenal and 0 for Argentina when he joined us.

People used to envy likes of Brighton and Swansea for sourcing that profile of player but we've been doing it successfully for many years even if we've had to pay larger fees.

The next step is adding proven players and our record is more 50/50. Had to wait two years for Bailey to hit Leverkusen form, Diaby hit and miss and only lasted a year, Tielemans had a slow start but was good in spells and probably the biggest success has been Pau and still plenty on this forum who don't rate him that highly. Kamara I wouldn't quite put in that status but very good when fit.

We had this in the championship years and also the 90s when bigger names caused disruption, Felix does give me Collymore vibes so would rather look at alternatives and interested what we come up with.

• Like 1

That’s really given me the giggles 😂😂😂

Especially the follow up of “dinner finished”.

He is more than obsessed!

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10

56 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We cannot afford Felix without Duran leaving. So this whole move to Chelsea or not isn't hugely relevant without us making sales. 

You keep saying this but we sold diaby for massive money, which didn't seem to be the original plan

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That’s really given me the giggles 😂😂😂

Especially the follow up of “dinner finished”.

He is more than obsessed!

spacer.png

If you put in the graft, that could be you!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â