João Félix

Delphinho123

17 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

You're 90% right. I'd go further, but not much. We also have information about Joao's patterns of transfer-window behavior, or at least, his agent's. Call it what you will but he's never seemed more than momentarily interested in Villa in these patterns. I go back to my post of last week -- the same I've been saying for about a year. (And I may well be proven wrong, I realise.)

Isnt that how most transfers go? You express interest, set out your proposal and wait to see if the circumstances arise where the stars align, they arent necessarily first choice for us and we are unlikely to be first choice for him. Do you think Todibo dreamed of going to West Ham ahead of Juventus?  

He wants Barcalona, he was waiting to see if they got their #1 target WIlliams, they didnt and instead moved for #2 choice Olmo and now seem unlikely to have the funds in time for Felix (unless they off load more players. If you are Felix you have until the end of the month to make your decision.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, est1874 said:

So because he said he's special but we're not in for him more than 12 months ago, that means we're definitely in for him now?

Lol. Make it make sense.

How do you know we are not?

Who knows other than Villa management, but there is plenty of smoke/talk in the media that we are pursuing Felix. It does make sense given the context, but you can stand behind "you dont know". It might not happen but that doesnt mean we havent tried or were not waiting. Given we need a #10/second striker, it would be a comfortable fit and that we are waiting on his position to crystalise before we move on. A lot like when we bid on Callum WIlson, he elected to go to Newcastle and then we signed Ollie Watkins a couple of days later.

Edited by thunderball

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Hopefully off topic forever by end of week.

Let's see who.option b is

By very definition option B wont be as good!

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

By very definition option B wont be as good!

Well we are where we are. We can't or won't pay the price so a cheaper option is needed.

21 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Isnt that how most transfers go? You express interest, set out your proposal and wait to see if the circumstances arise where the stars align, they arent necessarily first choice for us and we are unlikely to be first choice for him. Do you think Todibo dreamed of going to West Ham ahead of Juventus?  

He wants Barcalona, he was waiting to see if they got their #1 target WIlliams, they didnt and instead moved for #2 choice Olmo and now seem unlikely to have the funds in time for Felix (unless they off load more players. If you are Felix you have until the end of the month to make your decision.

Well, yes. My point isn't really much of a point at all. It's a modest one. But still, it seems reasonable to say this one has crossed the line into Saga status, and not all transfers attain such infamy.

11 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Not selling Duran meant we were going to struggle getting this one done. We still need sales for the 24/25 PSR

I am confident the club have alternative options to Felix which we are exploring. We don't do all or nothing

I'm still bemused as to how we can't do basic things whilst Chelsea can sign tonnes of players for big money.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm still bemused as to how we can't do basic things whilst Chelsea can sign tonnes of players for big money.

I still think they will get affected badly. They’re still selling but they’ll come to a point were they’ll be in issue. Short term selling some academy players is helping them (Maatsen, Gallagher and if Chalobah was sold), but longer term they have a lot of money need to be paid. 

• Like 1

My nephew just told me that something has happened and the Gallagher deal has fell through.  I thought he’d already signed for them.  Don’t think it’s true but if so what does this mean to Felix going to Chelsea.

1 hour ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Chelsea? Really? He certainly won't get his career on track there!

Oh well. I'm sure the Dynamic Duo have another target in mind who will do very well for us. Not upset by this news at all.

Yup. I plan to spend at least a few seconds today trying to be upset at the idea of Felix not joining Villa.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Monchi playing 5D chess, slowly slowly monchi catchi

Hope he doesn’t at this point! It’s potentially derailing our season, if the chase to sign him is real 

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am really reluctant to get excited about a player, who doesn't seem to be excited about joining us.

Most of the many players who have been great for us....never showed any reluctance to join us.....I don't have to name them......But I don't want free loaders, who just seem to want other players in the team, to make their glory.

Players at any level of skill set.....need to work hard, be committed and want the glory......I don't get that vibe in Joao Felix.

The Giroud's, the Felix's, The Gallaghers, and the Lukaku's can **** right off.....I would sooner watch a young boy, trying to learn his trade, with honesty in his belly, make a name for himself with us.....An Andy Gray, if you like.

People keep saying this, but is there any evidence this is the case?

I thought there was some evidence suggesting he was interested even if it was some twitter posts.

Everything ive seen suggests it's just AM and Villa can't agree a deal

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zak said:

People keep saying this, but is there any evidence this is the case?

I thought there was some evidence suggesting he was interested even if it was some twitter posts.

Everything ive seen suggests it's just AM and Villa can't agree a deal

"suggests" intimates opinion based....so you want evidence from me, but you want to give opinions, that's a bit rich.

If evidence was required, every time we make a comment, sites like this would close down.

The world revolves around opinions.....evidence is for the Law courts.

Edited by TRO

I would sooner stick with Cameron Archer, than this Diva.

Do I want to win games, of course....but my morality tells me, I want players, with honesty, who want to play for us.

Do I know the details, no.......was it his fault, I don't know......but with all the shenanigans surrounding his exit, did he ever help Aston Villa Sign Him?....I doubt it.

IMO he was always interested in a Dutch Auction, that is his character, and Chelsea is the right club for him.

I don't want to pay homage to talent, when talent has questionable substance, or consistency......All the players over the years who have shone for us, have showed a passion for doing so.

I don't see this bullet as anything, but dodged.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Do I want to win games, of course....but my morality tells me, I want players, with honesty, who want to play for us.

Do I know the details, no.......was it his fault, I don't know......but with all the shenanigans surrounding his exit, did he ever help Aston Villa Sign Him?....I doubt it.

IMO he was always interested in a Dutch Auction, that is his character, and Chelsea is the right club for him.

I don't want to pay homage to talent, when talent has questionable substance, or consistency......All the players over the years who have shone for us, have showed a passion for doing so.

Why do you believe him a diva?

He took an unbelievable wage cut to go to Barca.

He has also restructured his wage in order to move elsewhere.

Is it from the way he plays on the field?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Where is this coming from? We couldn't get past the first hurdle, the fee.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â