João Félix

Delphinho123

Monchi hasn't shown in any other dealings and inability to take action. If we were in for Felix, then you'd imagine we put in an offer or at the very least properly sounded our the agent/player. The fact that it lingered points to either;

1. We didn't go for him at all
  2. We went for him and realised it wasn't within our means at the time so left it until we had more money
  3. Felix told us he wanted to wait and assess options. Which was a holding tactic for a move he really fancied

I can't be annoyed if its either #1# or #2 and if it's #3 then my frustration would be at the player. Either way, we move on and sign someone within our means and hopefully more of an out and out striker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We could never agree a fee with Atletico so what the player would want is essentially irrelevant. Chelsea can agree fee because they are selling Gallagher to them. 

Which is interesting because I thought Chelsea had to sell Gallagher for PSR anyway. If they end up getting Felix they'll be adding quite a significant chunk to their, already excessive, expenses. The Chelsea link doesn't really make any sense given how little they need him. 

33 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

There’s no evidence we are in for him though, it’s just the same journalist who said Felix would be Unai’s “dream signing”. It’s all nonsense. 

fabrizio Romano is pretty reliable when it comes to random rumours.  so it's probably not completely nonsense.  however that said it was only ever really said we're interested or talking.  nothing about being close.  who knows.  I'd like it at the right price but if he goes to chelsea so be it.  still a decent player just misguided and willing to gamble his career away in a dysfunctional squad.  the last thing chelsea need is more attacking options to keep happy.  however that said he'll probably go as an asset to cover the Gallagher deal.  Chelsea will then sell felix for £50m in a years time and then use that to fund 5 amortised deals next year.

Edited by tezzaleed

22/23 - Joins Chelsea because they have CL football when we had ECL football.
24/25 - Joins Chelsea when they have ECL football and we have CL football.

Make it make sense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Make it make sense.

Yeah, I have been keen on this move but clearly he'd rather go to Chelsea--he can F off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OLDVILLAN said:

The Chelsea policy of "buying anything with a pulse" is just a ticking time bomb.

I hope it explodes and takes Chelsea with it...joke of a club😡

sorry just edited my post financially it's not insane to take felix as an asset in the Gallagher deal.  

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Make it make sense.

Chelsea will likely pay £250k-ish per week, I imagine we'd only go up to £150k-£175k range

4 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

fabrizio Romano is pretty reliable when it comes to random rumours.  so it's probably not completely nonsense.  however that said it was only ever really said we're interested or talking.  nothing about being close.  who knows.  I'd like it at the right price but if he goes to chelsea so be it.  still a decent player just misguided and willing to gamble his career away in a dysfunctional squad.  the last thing chelsea need is more attacking options to keep happy.

Possible we agreed for them to use our name to drum up interest and apply pressure to some other clubs that had shown an interest in him.  This new way of the transfer window is pretty weird, and who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

If that's the case we might see them linked to one of our players before the end of the window.

if we dont sign felix then i think we do need someone in to replace Diaby.  i was gutted we sold him tbh i thought he'd mature into a great attacking option in his second season.  think we might regret that sale if Felix doesnt come.

• Like 2

If he does choose Chelsea then so be it. It’s better that it’s happening now rather than on 31st August. We have time to re-assess and decide upon alternative solutions. Trust in Unai and Monchi. We either get someone else or create an opportunity for someone already in the squad.

Still think he didn't want to come here and they only way it would have happened was a 5 mins before the window closed on the final day transfer if all other options were exhausted. No idea how serious our interest was/is.

18 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

sorry just edited my post financially it's not insane to take felix as an asset in the Gallagher deal.  

It will be a little funny if we end up losing felix over some inflated transfer deal swap between Chelsea and athletic for PSR reasons. The very thing we were so smug about when mochi started doing it 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â