João Félix

Delphinho123

My main issue (apart from the money) is that I don't think he want's to be here and that this would affect his performances. Especially if he/we don't get off to a good start. All speculation of course.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I'm honestly in between.

For: huge potential, needs to revive his career, Unai seems to want him and would be the best coach to get him back on track. He would be a marquee signing and possibly the final piece of the jigsaw in an area we need quality. 

Against: massive money, has flopped elsewhere, seems to be on the downward trajectory,  doesn't appear that keen on us, has been shown the door a few times too many for my liking, could potentially be an expensive flop if it doesn't pay off 

I am genuinely in the middle!

That’s refreshing 😂

I understand the concerns (they’re not as clear cut as many make out or speculate though) but maybe, as you’ve done here, that should be balanced by the potential positives and gains.

It’s just enough for me that Unai, backed up by Monchi, see him as a good signing and a valuable and important player for us. Wouldn’t have been reported on such if there wasn’t a genuine interest and if there weren’t any enquiries or form of negotiation.

We are being sensible with our finances, not spending like crazy and making good sales… bringing in money and sticking to our guns in terms of asking prices. The same applies to what we are willing to offer for new players… we won’t jeopardise our finances or the stability of the club. Only do deals that work and make sense.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is there any room for him at Barca, they've just signed Dani Olmo who plays in exact same position.

He's mostly been used as a left winger at Barca. Olmo will play in a 10 role more likely.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

My main issue (apart from the money) is that I don't think he want's to be here and that this would affect his performances. Especially if he/we don't get off to a good start. All speculation of course.

I don’t think we would be pursuing the player or negotiating for him unless there was a genuine interest from his side… and just because he wasn’t interested before doesn’t mean that hasn’t changed now… I don’t get it when some fans hold a grudge against players for that kind of thing either, it’s quite silly and childish.

I get that it’s difficult to know what to believe and we are seeing so much variation in reports, articles, rumours and links… 

All we can do is see what happens but I’m confident that we won’t do a deal unless it suits us and we wouldn’t be in discussions if there wasn’t a realistic possibility of that happening. 

I’d probably prefer someone like Baena but I think Joao is the one they really want… and Unai sees a big opportunity there… that excites me.

8 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I'd be for the move if it makes financial sense. But I'm more baffled how much attention we keep giving it given the lack of any solid indications we're actually interested. All the hype seems to be based on so called ITK's. Which I wouldn't put much weight in.

It would be a high profile, and for many - exciting, signing that would benefit us in many ways. Not just on the pitch.

Especially, and most importantly, if Unai brings out the best in him. The player is far from finished and still young with undoubted talent.

It’s transfer season, its supposed to fun and exciting (even if it’s just speculation) but there weirdly seems to be a lot of negativity and doubt when we are actually in a wonderful position and come a really long way in such short time…

Just now, Jas10 said:

I don’t think we would be pursuing the player or negotiating for him unless there was a genuine interest from his side… and just because he wasn’t interested before doesn’t mean that hasn’t changed now… I don’t get it when some fans hold a grudge against players for that kind of thing either, it’s quite silly and childish.

I get that it’s difficult to know what to believe and we are seeing so much variation in reports, articles, rumours and links… 

All we can do is see what happens but I’m confident that we won’t do a deal unless it suits us and we wouldn’t be in discussions if there wasn’t a realistic possibility of that happening. 

I’d probably prefer someone like Baena but I think Joao is the one they really want… and Unai sees a big opportunity there… that excites me.

We supposedly tried for Weston McKennie and by all accounts he didn't want to come here. I don't hold a grudge against Felix fwiw.

I'd prefer Baena too, partly because for him it would be a step up while for Felix it would be a step or 2 down. Different mental adjustments and challenges. Baena has everything to win while Felix has more to lose if he can't dominate even at upstarts Villa.

Felix could be a great signing, or not.

41 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Why are people so against this? 😆

Oh dear god no, let’s not go around this again, it’s like sodding ground hog day.  I swear it’s you Jas that won’t let this thread die the way it should 😂

This isn't happeng looks like, the rumours from last week were spot on, and was only an option anyway, one of many possibilities that Emery likes, doing the club or Emery no favors by building it up as if he's some sort of dream target, as only sets up for disappointment when it doesn't happen, even though someone else is possibly the main target. The link has run it's course, unless such a time comes when a new development presents itself

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, macandally said:

Oh dear god no, let’s not go around this again, it’s like sodding ground hog day.  I swear it’s you Jas that won’t let this thread die the way it should 😂

Hey, I’ve been away n quiet for a while 😂

Ok, I’m gonna shut up again and give everyone a break.

Sorry! 😅

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We seem to have two sides here, for and against… and nothing in between 😆

This is just crap, dare I say most have reservations but back the management team.  That doesn’t mean we are lemmings, it means that there is healthy debate on whether there is value in this signing.

If you want to know why, drop back 3/4 pages, we have been going round in circles forever!

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

This is just crap, dare I say most have reservations but back the management team.  That doesn’t mean we are lemmings, it means that there is healthy debate on whether there is value in this signing.

If you want to know why, drop back 3/4 pages, we have been going round in circles forever!

Do you want me to shut up or what?! 😂

🤐

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Unai and Monchi would seemingly beg to differ…

Still relatively young with a lot of talent and potential… and Unai believes he can work with  and elevate him - that’s enough for me.

We won’t do an overly expensive deal either, it’s got to be on our terms and suit us… that’s why I think this is taking time and what most reports appear to be stating or suggesting.

We’re not desperate and are likely to have alternative targets… it’s up to Atletico whether they want to find a lasting solution or keep kicking that can down the road…

We could do with an extra touch of class and quality and someone to boost our attack. Lost a lot in terms of goal contributions from departed players and it’s very much a wait and see on whether the players we have can at least match that… I have faith in them and Unai though. I just trust in our manager.

Anyway, we’ve gone round and round on this so many times so maybe we should  all just sit back and wait 😆

Do they? The links to him aren't they strong and the whole thing is a bit boring imo

And add to that said many times now as good as they are no one in football has a 100% transfer record, not even carlo or pep, every transfer is a risk, with Felix it's not his ability to kick a football that's the problem, it's whether or not he can arsed which is an even bigger risk

Felix is not a guaranteed amazing signing just because unai wants him, that's not how it works unfortunately 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â