João Félix

Delphinho123

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nick76 said:

There are slow vibes, I’m not sure how there are bad vibes

Tis true. Slow can be preferable in many things -- eating, reading, b**king, etc. I'm enjoying seeing these VT vibe-checks. 

3 hours ago, Supervillan78 said:

He is a world class player who is recognised globally.
Imagine how much this signing would elevate our profile internationally. 

I appreciate the hopefulness of these sentiments. I don't know. So hard to know. He is indisputably recognised globally, but many feel he flatters to deceive, too. This dragged-out story line also elevates our profile in itself, so it's not necessarily bad that it's taking a long time since, in the end, nothing really great or terrible has or hasn't happened yet.

But if we're after publicity, I don't know if this is the best way to go about it. More of those Ozzy-type viral vids may be money better spent.

Of course, if he comes to Villa, then -- and I hope we take note of this -- we can become the most supportive pro-Felix fan base on earth.  But he's not a Villan yet.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

12 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Tis true. Slow can be preferable in many things -- eating, reading, b**king, etc. I'm enjoying seeing these VT vibe-checks. 

I read this as baking at first 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

he wants to sign for Barcelona

Most players do

there is not one shred of evidence that he wants to sign for us, at best

There’s not one shred of evidence this summer he doesn’t…this maybe a club vs club hold up, we just don’t know

at best we are back up option

To Barcelona….no doubt, is that a really bad thing.  Yes we might be second choice but it’s Barca not friggin Spurs or Fulham.  A little perspective is needed of where we are in the food chain.

Altletico tried and failed to sell him to Chelsea and to Barca although the latter could still happen

and?

people give Duran dog's abuse for being a young arrogant twonk (and possibly justified) yet act like Felix is just this misunderstood talent wronged by an assh*le manager (could be true who knows)

Strange comparison given the different situations 

Probably what West Ham fans think about Duran? Or did.

Still strange comparison

Maybe not 'bad vibes' but nothing about this feels great

Because it’s not on Football Manager and the deal hasn’t signed within 48 hours and the player isn’t claiming that Villa is his dream move since he was a child? Some deals are quick, some deals take time in football.

especially seeing as there has not been one actual credible update aside Emery 'being interested'.

This club known for its secrecy on transfers, fans should know this by now.  It’s generally fluffy rumours until a deal is all but done and somebody like David Ornstein does an exclusive on deals done details.

Happy to be wrong and hope I am.

If it happens, it happens, if it doesn’t, it doesn’t.  The deal may have been dead weeks ago or maybe on hold until a trigger point say…we sell Duran for example.  Who knows but this vibe thing people are doing is weird to me because we don’t know what’s going on so to make a positive or negative vibe claim is weird.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Most players do

There’s not one shred of evidence this summer he doesn’t…this maybe a club vs club hold up, we just don’t know

To Barcelona….no doubt, is that a really bad thing.  Yes we might be second choice but it’s Barca not friggin Spurs or Fulham.  A little perspective is needed of where we are in the food chain.

and?

Strange comparison given the different situations 

Still strange comparison

Because it’s not on Football Manager and the deal hasn’t signed within 48 hours and the player isn’t claiming that Villa is his dream move since he was a child? Some deals are quick, some deals take time in football.

This club known for its secrecy on transfers, fans should know this by now.  It’s generally fluffy rumours until a deal is all but done and somebody like David Ornstein does an exclusive on deals done details.

If it happens, it happens, if it doesn’t, it doesn’t.  The deal may have been dead weeks ago or maybe on hold until a trigger point say…we sell Duran for example.  Who knows but this vibe thing people are doing is weird to me because we don’t know what’s going on so to make a positive or negative vibe claim is weird.

and you are just as tenuously trying to create a positive vibe, at best there is no vibe at all as it is just at wafer thin speculation and 129 pages of Villa fans willing something to happen.

The Duran comparison isn't strange at all. Some Villa fans are very critical of Duran. West Ham fans no doubt don't give a crap what Aston Villa fans think and wanted to sign him.

Atletico fans are critical of Felix.... not sure I need to finish this....

Doubt we have had such a 'fluffy long running saga' since Rashica, more transfers under Emery have come out of the blue, or happened pretty quickly after things leaked. Luiz took a while because of the complexity of the deal and McKennie (allegedly) because a greedy idiot, but almost every step of the transfer's progress was telegraphed fairly accurately.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

... at best there is no vibe at all as it is just at wafer thin speculation and 129 pages of Villa fans willing something to happen ...

Are you no-vibing us? That is serious. Just wow. No vibe, you say???? But you're talking about one hundred and twenty-nine pages of sheer anticipatory craziness. That's a vibe, sort of? 🤓 😉

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118cwwurtctgdmmn2yvf

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Heard the same about coutinho. It wasn't true then and it's not true now. 

No Coutinho was world-class for  a couple ofyears at Liverpool. His peak was short and he got injured at Barcelona and went downhill rapidly. I don't think Felix has even reached that level. Potential to be world-class, possibly, but hasn't really shown it.

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Are you no-vibing us? That is serious. Just wow. No vibe, you say???? But you're talking about one hundred and twenty-nine pages of sheer anticipatory craziness. That's a vibe, sort of? 🤓 😉

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118cwwurtctgdmmn2yvf

true

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Supervillan78 said:

Heck would love it, I'm sure.

But I trust Emery to not make any footballing decisions based on that.

Coutinho was supposed to be that guy, and...

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

Think we need a few euro-techno soundtracked compilation videos of Felix put up here. I think due to how long this has been dragging on people forget how crazy good this kid actually is.

If the talent can be utilised/ harnessed  correctly we would be talking one of the most talented players to ever wear our shirt

52 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Think we need a few euro-techno soundtracked compilation videos of Felix put up here. I think due to how long this has been dragging on people forget how crazy good this kid actually is.

If the talent can be utilised/ harnessed  correctly we would be talking one of the most talented players to ever wear our shirt

Or maybe some blooper videos with sound effects?

On 09/08/2024 at 12:27, Supervillan78 said:

Would definitely pick up some new fans in the the Viseu Dão Lafões intermunipical community. I’m not sure too many people are paying attention to Felix’s career moves in the USA or Far East though…

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â