João Félix

Delphinho123

11 hours ago, villan-scott said:

No we aren’t. This is utter tosh. 

The source is a popular Atleti streamer who said we had FFP problems (not true) and for that reason we would only offer €30-35m for him. It’s actually laughable how bad the Spanish media ecosystem is. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Come end of August he'll have about €44m left of book value to Atletico but surely on €8-10m wages.

So assume it's an offer of a loan now with option to buy or we buy him outright now for around €30m+ 

I hope we put him on wage structure full of incentives but not a crazy high base wage. So when he's playing and doing well he gets top end money but if he falls off the cost is lower

The bloke said on his stream we have FFP issues and could only offer €30-35m, he’s not got a clue about us. It’s not an accurate story. 

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The bloke said on his stream we have FFP issues and could only offer €30-35m, he’s not got a clue about us. It’s not an accurate story. 

I don't know about the 30-35m part, but it's well documented and widely accepted that we do have ffp issues, so at least this part of his story is accurate.

Edited by Czarnikjak

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea they thought would buy him end of contract and Barcelona he signed a new 5 year deal to allow it to happen as think his contract was supposed end this summer

Oh right so he's on a long contract up to 2028 and Atletico just think we're going to pay an obscene fee given he's a problem again for Simeone. 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Czarnikjak said:

I don't know about the 30-35m part, but it's well documented and widely accepted that we do have ffp issues, so at least this part of his story is accurate.

But we don’t. We’ve not had any issues. We cleared PSR concerns for the year long before the Diaby sale. Why would a Twitch streamer know anything of our finances? He doesn’t. He’s not privy to the deal either. He’s speculating. We are working in a tough market and trying to work strategically around badly written PSR rules - that’s markedly different from having actual FFP issues. 

1 hour ago, Strog said:

I was in Portugal recently and talking to a local. They said the talent is undoubted but his mind set and work ethic is lacking. I’m not sure this is something we should take a risk on unless it’s a loan deal initially.

That's what I've always thought about him, feels to me like he'll just be happy floating around big clubs subs benches for rest of his career. After Coutinho we don't want another luxury attacker on huge wages making a limited impact.

I wouldn't compare him directly to Phil as you could see with him he was still working hard but ultimately his legs had gone and he was picking up too many muscle injuries.

Very unconvinced on Felix so wouldn't be dropping 40m + on him especially as he's a sub again at Atletico Madrid once they sign Julian Alvarez.

• Like 1

A long contract works wonders when you've got a player you want to keep. 

It's a nightmare for them now that they want rid of him.  It weakens their position.

So they've played him in friendlies,  despite making him train alone, to make it look like they would still be able to use him if he stays.

Realistically, they need the money and we've got the upper hand in negotiating as we don't really need Felix. And if we buy him before we sell Duran it seriously weakens our selling position on him.  If we sell Duran first then we still don't really need Felix, but we've got space for him. 

I'd expect this to drag late on in to the window, and if we don't sell Duran it isn't happening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

A long contract works wonders when you've got a player you want to keep. 

It's a nightmare for them now that they want rid of him.  It weakens their position.

So they've played him in friendlies,  despite making him train alone, to make it look like they would still be able to use him if he stays.

Realistically, they need the money and we've got the upper hand in negotiating as we don't really need Felix. And if we buy him before we sell Duran it seriously weakens our selling position on him.  If we sell Duran first then we still don't really need Felix, but we've got space for him. 

I'd expect this to drag late on in to the window, and if we don't sell Duran it isn't happening. 

If we sell Duran, I think it very hard to say we don't need another forward. I think it's the opposite, it tells the world we really need another forward. 

How do we know he isn’t keen to join us and that the sticking point is the negotiation of the fee ? It’s all clickbait speculation and no credence should be attached to any of it either way imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

How do we know he isn’t keen to join us and that the sticking point is the negotiation of the fee ? It’s all clickbait speculation and no credence should be attached to any of it either way imo. 

I think he definitely is interested. Whether we are his first choice or not remains to be seen. If he wasn't interested, surely we'd have more links to others right now. 

• Like 1

I think if he wasnt interested this would have gone away weeks ago - I can't imagine we'd spend however long chasing him only to find out he isnt interested in playing for us.

Agreeing terms etc is a different thing, but I can't imagine we'd be pursuing this if we got the impression he didn't want to come

Regardless of PSR issues, best believe the Spanish media have zero idea about the state of our finances.

Remember when Alemany was supposed to have a 'blank chequebook' when he arrived?

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

If Romano says we're interested, we almost certainly are. He's pretty much a mouthpiece for the club now. 

And i dont like it

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

If Romano says we're interested, we almost certainly are. He's pretty much a mouthpiece for the club now. 

No he isn’t. Clubs and agents selectively leak stuff to him, there’s a big difference. All he’s done is put words in Unai’s mouth about how much he supposedly “loves” Joao as a player. 

• Like 2

Felix is Diaby 2.0 for me. 

A luxury player in the truest sense of the word, and not one that can drag the team up the pitch when needed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

We have plenty of those already; Roger’s, JJ, McGinn, Watkins

We need a lock picker 

The problem is that teams will be content focusing on the others and isolating Felix in the build up - much like they did Diaby. In Unai’s system, he will be asked to physically battle 1v1 with his marker on him and much like opponents did Diaby, the prem will be physically tougher on Felix. 

His lock picking is also over exaggerated. A great dribbler but rarely has the final pass in him. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â