João Félix

Delphinho123

45 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Give the king what he wants…

I think that is for his current club, his agent and for the player himself, to give the nod to. Villa have made it pretty clear that we want him and it's down to them now, as it has been for some time, I suspect. I wonder whether we will put a deadline on this transfer as some point? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

I think that is for his current club, his agent and for the player himself, to give the nod to. Villa have made it pretty clear that we want him and it's down to them now, as it has been for some time, I suspect. I wonder whether we will put a deadline on this transfer as some point? 

With how much Emery seems to love him I doubt it. I don't feel like we need another player there especially, so I suspect we'd go without rather than going elsewhere.  But if we can get him on our terms then we definitely will. 

Diaby is replaced by Buendia so we're not short in that area of the pitch compared with last season.

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

With how much Emery seems to love him I doubt it. I don't feel like we need another player there especially, so I suspect we'd go without rather than going elsewhere.  But if we can get him on our terms then we definitely will. 

Diaby is replaced by Buendia so we're not short in that area of the pitch compared with last season.

Zaniolo was Buendia temporary cover.  Maybe you can argue Rogers can replace Diaby but different types.  Duran, who knows what happens there.  I think we a player short up top to open up teams, I’d be disappointed if we miss out on Felix and don’t go for somebody else.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Diaby was signed last summer while Buendia was already here. Buendia replaces Zaniolo if anything as he was his replacement after he got injured.

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Zaniolo was Buendia temporary cover.  Maybe you can argue Rogers can replace Diaby but different types.  Duran, who knows what happens there.  I think we a player short up top to open up teams, I’d be disappointed if we miss out on Felix and don’t go for somebody else.

Zaniolo offered virtually nothing for us.

Rogers, Ramsey, Buendia, Bailey, McGinn and Iling-Jr for the 3 spots behind Watkins is more than fine.

If we sell Duran then I'd expect us to sign someone else, but taking the squad as is, I don't think we need anyone else.

Edit: forgot Philogene too...no way we need Felix... but I wouldn't say no if we can get him. 

Edited by MrBlack

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Zaniolo offered virtually nothing for us.

Rogers, Ramsey, Buendia, Bailey, McGinn and Iling-Jr for the 3 spots behind Watkins is more than fine.

If we sell Duran then I'd expect us to sign someone else, but taking the squad as is, I don't think we need anyone else.

I disagree, I think we need that difference maker behind Ollie but who can also take up the No.9 role if Ollie is missing.  Felix or somebody else is needed imo.  The players you mention play better from deeper than in that role I mention.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I disagree, I think we need that difference maker behind Ollie but who can also take up the No.9 role if Ollie is missing.  Felix or somebody else is needed imo.  The players you mention play better from deeper than in that role I mention.

Id forgot Jaden Philogene as well.

If we don't sell Duran we already have the number 9 alternative. Admittedly he's not a like for like replacement, but unless we sell him I don't see us needing someone else. Felix would be nice, but not necessary. 

39 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I take your point, but I anticipate that we have a couple of other options, assuming Duran does eventually make it out of the exit door. 

9 minutes ago, John said:

I take your point, but I anticipate that we have a couple of other options, assuming Duran does eventually make it out of the exit door. 

I agree if Duran leaves its a different picture. That frees up the space in our squads that we need to get someone else in.

My point is really that if that someone is Felix, then we'll get him in whatever, and sacrifice a sqaud spot for someone for it if we have to. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Fans are trying to will this into existence. 

Still a lot of wishful thinking and no movements as of yet. But there are other complications to address first in the squad first. 

On 06/08/2024 at 09:14, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

With gallagher and now alvarez going to atletico for a huge sum, surely there has to be some potential they need to clear Felix off the books?

Try "Cif" 

2 hours ago, John said:

probably 30 Aug.😀

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â