João Félix

Delphinho123

39 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Just out of interest a Portuguese bloke just told me it’s pronounced Joo-ow 

38 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Joo-ow Fell-ix.

As long as your saying that with a soft J that's basically right.  Zhoo-ow i guess phonetically. 

Either way, commentators won't get it right and I'll be glad to not have to listen to them.

That's what I'll keep telling myself when this deal doesn't happen anyway 😥.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rolta said:

This logic just seems to be missing the point. Even if Felix wants to come it doesn't mean Atletico have to accept our bid. 

Look what happened to Duran. He was making hammer symbols on Instagram yet we haven't finalised a fee with West Ham. 

If he's saying he wants to wait for Barcelona, we're not going to bid are we?  Until he gives us an indication that he will come (via agents of course), we won't make any formal moves.  

Genius move really - considering he'll be on more wages than Digne, by waiting until the end of August to actually sign him we will have saved around 4 to 8 weeks of his salary which will be enough to buy a new stadium.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Apparently he has apologized to his Atletico team mates and is looking to be brought into the squad long term

Guy has some ego on him I'll give him that.

Alvarez coming in basically means no space in the squad as they're similar players and Griezmann also still around.

I think he'll go somewhere on a loan on transfer deadline day so that's why things are quiet. 

8 minutes ago, CHW said:

If he's saying he wants to wait for Barcelona, we're not going to bid are we?  Until he gives us an indication that he will come (via agents of course), we won't make any formal moves.  

But you don't know any of this.

3 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

Felix is like the cute popular girl in high school.

When no one is around and their lonely, they pretend to be interested in you (Villa,Emery) and act all friendly.

When they are with all their cool friends (Atletico,Barca) they just don't want to know you.

The doe-eyed litle flirt

16 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

They surely have his sale agreed with that Alvarez deal. I'm not saying it is to us, but they need to balance their spending.

They are selling Samu to Chelsea for £30m. Not sure what other outgoings there are, but if there’s no bids in Felix, I don’t think the deals are contingent on him leaving right now. 

Edited by The_Steve

3 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

Can we please move on? Appreciate there's not much going on at the moment but there's been almost nothing solid linking us to Felix except for so called ITK's. 

You are free to move on whenever you please my dude

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

As long as your saying that with a soft J that's basically right.  Zhoo-ow i guess phonetically. 

Either way, commentators won't get it right and I'll be glad to not have to listen to them.

That's what I'll keep telling myself when this deal doesn't happen anyway 😥.

Yeah sorry I should’ve said: Zhoo-wow would be the closest I think 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I think our management team play their cards, close to their chest.

I will just wait, until any ink is dry.

Lol, no they don't.

33 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

They are selling Samu to Chelsea for £30m. Not sure what other outgoings there are, but if there’s no bids in Felix, I don’t think the deals are contingent on him leaving right now. 

Rumoured to be buying Gallagher from Chelsea for £40m so might still have to sell.

7 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Rumoured to be buying Gallagher from Chelsea for £40m so might still have to sell.

They will have to sell still and I’m sure Joao is a big motivating factor in that situation - they did however get a €70m equity injection in June and got some big earners off of the books in sales or loans. But that might explain how they afford some of the deals at least. Time will tell. 

Unless we sell Duran I don't see this happening, specially when we currently have a £75 million hole in the finances that will need to be plugged June 2025.

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Emery may look, but until someone leaves, there’s not a squad spot available 

But it may not work like that, Emery may bring in Felix and let’s say a CB and then a week before the window closes having some more time to evaluate he may adjust then whether through sale or loan.  

Dobbin may go on loan but others may like Iling Jnr, Moreno or whoever.  We don’t necessarily have to have one go out before one comes in, it may be one in before one out as long as it’s done before the window closes.  

The amount of times you hear a club won’t agree to sell a player before a replacement comes in, that also applies when you are upgrading as well.

Just now, nick76 said:

But it may not work like that, Emery may bring in Felix and let’s say a CB and then a week before the window closes having some more time to evaluate he may adjust then whether through sale or loan.  

Dobbin may go on loan but others may like Iling Jnr, Moreno or whoever.  We don’t necessarily have to have one go out before one comes in, it may be one in before one out as long as it’s done before the window closes.  

The amount of times you hear a club won’t agree to sell a player before a replacement comes in, that also applies when you are upgrading as well.

Maybe.
the fundamental truth is if we want any new players, existing players need to leave at some point in the window. Particularly senior players

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â