João Félix

Delphinho123

I have absolutely no read on this anymore. And i don't think anyone else really does either.

My hope is that it is some hardball and patience on the Monchi end if we are truly interested. I think they are wary of a deal due to all the bullsh*t image rights and money owed to Benfica. As many have reported - it is a complicated deal.

I suspect things were put on hold until USA tour was done and now everyone is able to have meetings to discuss what to do next. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

I have absolutely no read on this anymore. And i don't think anyone else really does either.

My hope is that it is some hardball and patience on the Monchi end if we are truly interested. I think they are wary of a deal due to all the bullsh*t image rights and money owed to Benfica. As many have reported - it is a complicated deal.

I suspect things were put on hold until USA tour was done and now everyone is able to have meetings to discuss what to do next. Just my thoughts.

Seems to have all gone very quiet on relation to us. I'm convinced he would become a monster under unai. Praying we get him

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I know there are a of people on VT who like him, but this is one saga I'm finding just ... exhausting. How long has Joao been dicking around with Villa? I think we're coming up to about 18 months of this rubbish. And they're saying he's sick of the lack of a resolution? I sense there's a parent involved -- maybe his mum or someone. Just so much drama, really.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, allani said:

?????  How do you get to that?  So far Athelics of Madrid and Villa haven't agreed a deal - so there's absolutely no way to know whether or not Felix is interested.  People are in meltdown about Duran yapping away about wanting to leave and saying how unprofessional he is.  And yet the fact Felix isn't doing the same thing about wanting to come here somehow means he's not interested.....

Haven't Chelsea been trying to sign Omroiridan or whatever his name is from Atletico for the whole Sumner as well?

People really do underestimate how  complex transfers can be 

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Haven't Chelsea been trying to sign Omroiridan or whatever his name is from Atletico for the whole Sumner as well?

People really do underestimate how  complex transfers can be

It's very overestimated.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Apparently he has apologized to his Atletico team mates and is looking to be brought into the squad long term

Outside of whether he moves to us, that rumour of being good now sounds like PR.  That relationship with the manager has been broken and toxic for so long and with them bringing in possibly Alaverz and already Sorloth, on the face of it means despite what is being said that their actions are very different with recruitment.

We need to forget about him completely and move on and bring in a proper genuinely interested diaby replacement because at the moment I am concerned about our squad strength when other clubs like West Ham and Fulham are clearly improving what they have available. We are in serious danger of being reliant on emery’s genius without the players to back him up. The season starts in two weeks and we have seen nothing of Ollie, emi and konsa and all we seem to have been doing is chasing a guy that doesn’t want to come here. Felix isn’t that good that we should risk our season for him. 

I am sure monchi is working over time but we are heading into a champions league season with in my opinion a very underwhelming squad compared to last season 

I do find it alittle odd for a player that has no future at the club & doesn't have any sort of relationship with the manger is out overseas with the club playing friendlies...... was very hope this would happen but as the days pass by with little to no new links I'm thinking this is dead in the water now, granted we tried to bring him in, but thinking we move on to option 2 now.

6 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I know there are a of people on VT who like him, but this is one saga I'm finding just ... exhausting. How long has Joao been dicking around with Villa? I think we're coming up to about 18 months of this rubbish. And they're saying he's sick of the lack of a resolution? I sense there's a parent involved -- maybe his mum or someone. Just so much drama, really.

It's not as if we've agreed a fee with Atletico and he's stringing us along. How has he been dicking us around?

• Like 2

I think we were waiting on the sale of Duran before moving for Felix. As that is unlikely to happen i don't think we will being making any offer for Felix. 

17 hours ago, nick76 said:

The problem is that to get that next level quality to Villa we aren’t going to first choice a number of times.  

We are getting into category of being ‘bottom of the elite’ rather than ‘top of the rest’ so top quality players want to play for the elite and because we aren’t established in that category they are wary of us.  

We can’t just hoping our gems keep coming through like Emi, Watkins and Konsa.  We will continue attracting those type players of course but we do need a top quality player that initially is wary of us but when decided can be a difference maker.  Odegaard at Arsenal was wary of going there from Madrid and now look at him and Arsenal, they are a perfect match.  Yes the chances of it working like that is hard but just because he isn’t all giddy I don’t think is a problem imo.

I think you make a very good point Nick.....but we have never been like that.

We have always developed our own Stars, and the bigger clubs, have mugged them off us.

I think we have reached the stage at least, we can resist that, to a degree...with our manager and the ambition.

I still kinda have a feeling, a top player who backs himself, would come, albeit wages are always a sticking point, we have never been really big payers.

I think as you allude to, it will take time and we need to establish ourselves as a top team.

but I also suspect, top creative players, may baulk at us, if we keep conceding so easily and so randomly......They want a stable team, who can defend and hard to play against, so they can get on with their job of creating, without fear.

Last seasons finish was great, but if I was a top player, I would think twice about joining a team, who conceded 61 goals in a season....It would sound like hard work to me...and I am not suggesting we move towards "park the bus" football.

The American tour, is what it is.....but it hasn't really extinguished any of last seasons fears, for me.

It maybe pre-mature for me to write this, but I think it is in the back of the mind of some prospective players.

I am not necessarily suggesting Joao Felix feels this way, but I think some may well do.

Edited by TRO

44 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Can we please move on? Appreciate there's not much going on at the moment but there's been almost nothing solid linking us to Felix except for so called ITK's. 

Why? As people have said this is one for late in the window as we are only interested in a Loan with Option and Atletico moving on to focus on other business for now. Stop being so impatient 

Edited by CVByrne

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Gone strangely quiet. Not a mention of him now from Romano even in all the deals and domino’s with Atletico…

Think he’s playing it safe. Gotten it a little wrong with us. Said we’d be busy in the market on July 21, we weren’t. And claimed he would be Unai’s “dream” signing but we haven’t advanced any discussions seemingly. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â