João Félix

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I find the use of the word smokescreen funny in the context of transfers. 

Yeh, because the whole Felix stuff has been manufactured by us just to throw other teams, our fans, other teams fans off the trail of a different player we actually want to sign. Sure. 

I was being facetious tbf when i used that term 

I imagine he's on the list with 3/4 others, likely at the top

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Daily Mail now claim they will use Felix as a makeweight to get Julian Alvarez from City

Who spells George with a J? cant be a real person 🤣

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Daily Mail now claim they will use Felix as a makeweight to get Julian Alvarez from City

If City did go for Felix... Oscar Bobb would get very little game time, looks a very good player.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If City did go for Felix... Oscar Bobb would get very little game time, looks a very good player.

There was a recent clickbait report saying we were interested in Bobb … initial source was an Indepndent sports journalist with over 40k followers … 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, thabucks said:

There was a recent clickbait report saying we were interested in Bobb … initial source was an Indepndent sports journalist with over 40k followers … 

Bobb looks like the next hot citeh prospect after palmer. Id take him definitely 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

We're not his first choice, that much is clear! He seems reluctant to want to come here and is waiting for better options, we should move on if that is the case.

?????  How do you get to that?  So far Athelics of Madrid and Villa haven't agreed a deal - so there's absolutely no way to know whether or not Felix is interested.  People are in meltdown about Duran yapping away about wanting to leave and saying how unprofessional he is.  And yet the fact Felix isn't doing the same thing about wanting to come here somehow means he's not interested.....

• Like 4

I think we need to sell either Archer or Duran or both before we will attempt to get Felix. Until we sell someone we are in the not interested category when it comes to Felix.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The problem is that to get that next level quality to Villa we aren’t going to first choice a number of times.  

We are getting into category of being ‘bottom of the elite’ rather than ‘top of the rest’ so top quality players want to play for the elite and because we aren’t established in that category they are wary of us.  

We can’t just hoping our gems keep coming through like Emi, Watkins and Konsa.  We will continue attracting those type players of course but we do need a top quality player that initially is wary of us but when decided can be a difference maker.  Odegaard at Arsenal was wary of going there from Madrid and now look at him and Arsenal, they are a perfect match.  Yes the chances of it working like that is hard but just because he isn’t all giddy I don’t think is a problem imo.

Great post.

Have full faith in the team top down, without knowing anything about Sawiris admittedly.

Why i think Felix is no doubt on the radar.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

I think we need to sell either Archer or Duran or both before we will attempt to get Felix. Until we sell someone we are in the not interested category when it comes to Felix.

Yes, we don’t have the headroom for another big purchase hence why we were looking for a loan deal or to sell Duran to make this happen. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Atleti signing both Gallagher and Alvarez. Hopefully they are spending a bit of money we're about to send their way. 

Chelsea are signing Samu Omorodion from them 

7 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

surely atletico cant sign alvarez, gallagher and sorloth without getting rid of felix.

Spanish teams can just do whatever, it seems.

23 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

surely atletico cant sign alvarez, gallagher and sorloth without getting rid of felix.

Chelsea signing Samu for £30m 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â