João Félix

Delphinho123

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

They spent £20m on a Brazilian lad and £25m on Fullkrig. They are just being cheap on Durán. 

Thats still 15m more than duran though almost double the cost

2 minutes ago, string28 said:

Feels João Félix will stay in spain. Maybe we are already looking for a different player or just stick with what we have.

Could see him joining Benfica on loan.

Has there ever really been anything in this link? I mean I've not seen anything other than clickbait that mentions it. Has there been any credible sources quoting anybody? I know Emery said he was a special player but that's a tenuous thing to base all these pages of speculation on...

• Like 2

Just now, romavillan said:

Has there ever really been anything in this link? I mean I've not seen anything other than clickbait that mentions it. Has there been any credible sources quoting anybody? I know Emery said he was a special player but that's a tenuous thing to base all these pages of speculation on...

There’s interest. A lot of the Spanish press claimed that Joao didn’t want to play, how he would train alone and force a move before their HK tour. He’s now in Hong Kong and played 45 minutes in a friendly on the weekend. It’s not inconceivable that he stays there. But actual updates? I’ve not seen any for a little while. 

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

good point.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

There’s interest. A lot of the Spanish press claimed that Joao didn’t want to play, how he would train alone and force a move before their HK tour. He’s now in Hong Kong and played 45 minutes in a friendly on the weekend. It’s not inconceivable that he stays there. But actual updates? I’ve not seen any for a little while. 

Confirmed interest from us though? 

We've been looking at different players the whole time, Felix was just one potential option that Emery admires, but we don't even know if he was first choice, I strongly suspect not, and we're using the whole thing as a smokescreen, probably suits Felix too, if it encourages teams that really want him to hurry and make a move. 🔏

• Like 1

I find the use of the word smokescreen funny in the context of transfers. 

Yeh, because the whole Felix stuff has been manufactured by us just to throw other teams, our fans, other teams fans off the trail of a different player we actually want to sign. Sure. 

19 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Confirmed interest from us though? 

Percy has reported it. Romano too. It’s the Spanish tabloids who flip between us being interested and not interested. 

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Daily Mail now claim they will use Felix as a makeweight to get Julian Alvarez from City

Id say there is no chance city want felix 

I think it's fair to trust intuition here even though the true degree of interest isn't directly and publicly spoken about. Maybe won't be. We may not get much idea, seems to be more on the end of possible, than at the end of probable.

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

As fans - think we can safely move on from this one now. 

Why? Who knows what’s happening behind the scenes either positive or negative. This may have been dead weeks ago or maybe there could just be slow negotiations ongoing because it’s a complex deal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why? Who knows what’s happening behind the scenes either positive or negative. This may have been dead weeks ago or maybe there could just be slow negotiations ongoing because it’s a complex deal.

We're not his first choice, that much is clear! He seems reluctant to want to come here and is waiting for better options, we should move on if that is the case.

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id say there is no chance city want felix 

True, but knowing man c$ty they will probably buy him as a bench warmer to stop anyone else buying him...!

19 minutes ago, Tayls said:

As fans - think we can safely move on from this one now. 

I still think it'll happen.

I still think Felix at Villa is more likely than the other current options

I think he'd be in the conversation for most if not all clubs with the means to get his signature. How much time and resource that conversation gets is another one.

32 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We're not his first choice, that much is clear! He seems reluctant to want to come here and is waiting for better options, we should move on if that is the case.

What makes you say this? 

By all accounts we haven't even made an offer yet. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â