João Félix

Delphinho123

59 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Exactly, there is only one CL team in the market for the player 1) he is willing to join 2) who can afford him and 3) want to sign him. 

We hold all the cards and we have very experienced and talented operators who know Spanish clubs as well as anyone. 

Monchi will win in the end. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2

If that's true sounds like we've got the agreement from the player now we're just waiting for Atletico to become more desperate to sell. As another poster said if it saves several mil then it makes sense to wait.

Just speculating but could it be down more to the need of reducing the wage bill due to uefa rules than we need to sell Durán to afford the fee. Getting rid of deadwood high wages low squad value in terms of contribution - selling the donk is a huge chunk of any proposed wages for Felix … removing Olsen’s £50k pw would be great but unlikely. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Just speculating but could it be down more to the need of reducing the wage bill due to uefa rules than we need to sell Durán to afford the fee. Getting rid of deadwood high wages low squad value in terms of contribution - selling the donk is a huge chunk of any proposed wages for Felix … removing Olsen’s £50k pw would be great but unlikely. 

Was thinking we need to shift players before we get adding more wages to the wage bill. Moreno and Dendonker I'd say need to move on

• Like 1

At least we now kinda have it confirmed he wants to come. No way Barca are coming in for him, they’ll go all out for Olmo.

As soon as Atletico drop the price, or we get to where we need to financially to do the deal, it will happen. Duran out will be a big step towards it. 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

If reports are true, they won’t go below €45m because of what they owe to Benfica in repayments so let’s not get too ahead of ourselves. 

If AM doesn’t sell Felix they still have to pay Benfica, pay Felix his salary for the next 4 years, and take the amortisation cost into their budget. All that for a player they do not plan to use.

Clearly AM would love to minimise their loss, but getting some fee for Felix would be better for them, than keeping him for the next 4 years. Just getting his salary off the books would mean a yearly €6m saving. 

If we are the only buyer, we hold all the cards. As soon as AM sees that selling Felix for €30m or whatever we offer is better than keeping Felix, this deal can be done.

It was interesting that Unai neglected to mention Joao by name when asked if he was part of the transfer plans. Unlike last year. My reading is that there’s interest but nothing more and hasn’t progressed like last year. Might change however. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Or alternatively, when speaking about him last year there was no chance of a deal happening so he could speak freely about it. However, if we're trying to push for a deal now he may not feel comfortable discussing it publicly. 

That’s also possible. I’m just not convinced at this stage that a deal will happen. No problem if it does, he’d offer a lot of quality but I imagine we are looking at various names within our existing structures whilst trying to shift names to clear squad spaces. 

• Like 1

There are reports in Norway that AM is signing Alexander Sørloth for 45 mill euro. Striker from Villareal who scored 23 league goals last season. Might put pressure on then to get a deal for Felix.

• Like 1

I’m getting more and more meh about this deal every day. If there even is still concrete interest from us.

Think there are better options out there, too much of a gamble.

2 minutes ago, bose said:

I’m getting more and more meh about this deal every day. If there even is still concrete interest from us.

Think there are better options out there, too much of a gamble.

just exposure fatigue. we are all probably victims of it

If you had been ignoring all Villa news/ rumours for the past month and only logged in today you'd no doubt be buzzing to be linked to Felix!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I don’t think this deal will ever be on until we sell Duran.

Why oh why oh why did we reject a perfectly reasonable bid for him then 🤦‍♂️

If we end up being unable to shift him (Duran), don’t get the player we want (Felix), and get stuck with an unhappy player, then I don’t see how that benefits us in the slightest. 

The Joao Felix/Jhon Duran situations epitomise what a totally puzzling transfer window this has been. 

20 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Why oh why oh why did we reject a perfectly reasonable bid for him then 🤦‍♂️

If we end up being unable to shift him (Duran), don’t get the player we want (Felix), and get stuck with an unhappy player, then I don’t see how that benefits us in the slightest. 

The Joao Felix/Jhon Duran situations epitomise what a totally puzzling transfer window this has been. 

Because we're not about to let someone we think (and could be for sure) be a 20 goal a season PL striker for peanuts in the hope this chump will 'settle' for us.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â