João Félix

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Out of the race "apparently". Yes I know it's likely bollocks etc etc... just sharing cos sharing is caring. 

Maybe. Or maybe it's just a Portugese bias view.

• Like 1

In fairness, even if we miss out on Felix, it shows that we are willing to spend good money on a player of the ilk.

Would be interesting to know who the other targets for the role are.

Or if we would change plan altogether 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

It seems some of the reporting, has been a bit ambitious.

It also seems, Atletico are hell bent on a damage limitation path, and expect Joao’s next club to join them, in diluting the over spend they made.

I don’t think, another club is going to do that

Which ever way you look at this deal, it’s a gamble…..business people like to limit the odds in a gamble….and I guess that’s where our people are.

I thought this deal, was more or less done…..it does’t seem to be the case now.

I now think if it gets done, it will be right at the death.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Which ever way you look at this deal, it’s a gamble…..business people like to limit the odds in a gamble….and I guess that’s where our people are.

Is any deal in football not a gamble? 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Out of the race "apparently". Yes I know it's likely bollocks etc etc... just sharing cos sharing is caring. 

The enthusiast has spoken must be true 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The figures seem to have got pretty high now, perhaps to th point where we decide to move on?

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, even if we miss out on Felix, it shows that we are willing to spend goodoney on a player of the ilk.

Would be interesting to know who the other targets for the role are.

Or if we would change plan altogether 

Is Goodoney yet another Villa academy player being used as a makeweight?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

yes of course they are.....its the degrees of gamble that is the issue.

There is a thing called a calculated gamble.....and there is reckless abandon.....and then there is gamble's inbetween.

In all these situations, factors are assessed, to determine the chances of success or failure.....that's why we have, Elite, worldly experienced managers to make these decisions.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Seems to be moving very slowly this one. Fab insists he’s our number one priority so you’d assume the player has given his consent to join and it’s all about striking a deal with Atletico. So presumably we are putting all our eggs in this one basket because we are confident he is going to join once both clubs have agreed a deal (at least you’d hope so otherwise we would have wasted a lot of time).

I really hope this starts to move soon so we can focus on getting rid of deadwood and bringing in a new defender.

I really don't think there'll be any more developments on this. All of the agents will know who we're trying to offload since the start of the summer. I don't think the club are going to drum up any interest until the last few days of the window when a desperate club might make a low ball offer for Dendonker. We're definitely not going to get any decent money for our unwanted players at this stage.

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Doubt we were ever really ‘in the race’. 

Do you think hed chose Benfica over us or do you think hes going somewhere else?

50 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Can we move on with our lives now? 😄 I didn't think this was a realistic signing from the get go and it reeks of media BS. Hopefully Monchi and co are focusing on actual targets. 

Don’t believe the reports that he’s a major target but believe the report he’s not coming? Isn’t that just as bad a way of thinking.

I have no idea what’s happening, the rumours were encouraging, the deal is very hard to do and nobody seems to have a clue where it’s at or if it’s at at all.  I think we just have to wait and see but we can’t dismiss the rumours positive or negatively so easily.

According to Big Fab, Emery has had 3 separate dreams this week about signing Felix. Doesn't get much clearer that there's concrete interest there than that.

22 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Barcelona go back in for Joao now they can’t get Williams 

Barca don't seem to be bothered about him that much, which is understandable, by the end of last season he was just a bench option for them. Olmo is who they want now.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â