João Félix

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

107 pages for what essentially amounts to "Unai Emery is doing puppy dog eyes in Joao Felix's general direction". Wack.

There’s interest - but there’s a lot of wish fulfilment going on also. No real movement on any deal yet. 

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

There’s interest - but there’s a lot of wish fulfilment going on also. No real movement on any deal yet. 

Not in public but I’m betting behind the scenes there will be loads whether positive or negative or a mixture of both, it’s just not all out in public.  It could be nothing has really happened apart from some initial contact or the deal could be all agreed and it’s the financing and/or other deals to complete.

4 hours ago, villan95 said:

Knowing us we're probably trying to sign the fella on crutches 

In fairness, he already has his own crutches so it would be a saving from that perspective.

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

This still going on? Feels like there's zero evidence that the club is actually chasing Felix except for rumours mill rubbish. Should focus on more obtainable targets. 

Ok

I get Unai’s ability to turn lost talent into players with his coaching, but I struggle why people are comfortable having to “fix” a player that could cost £50-60m?

Thats two workable, decent players there that the same approach could be taken with 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

I get Unai’s ability to turn lost talent into players with his coaching, but I struggle why people are comfortable having to “fix” a player that could cost £50-60m?

Thats two workable, decent players there that the same approach could be taken with 

I think the logic is that Felix on form is a £100M player (or £113M to be precise) that we wouldn't otherwise be able to attract.

For the money he will cost it's obviously a big investment but it could be a gamble that pays off big time if Unai unlocks that £100M talent on a consistent basis.

7 minutes ago, macandally said:

And the fact that certain journalists keep trying to push that he’s Unai’s “dream signing” is very off the mark too. Unai called him a “special talent” last year - but he’s called other players that too. Felix needs a move and I’m not convinced so far that we are that interested given the financial complications. We shall see. Especially before Atletico go on their tour soon. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I think the logic is that Felix on form is a £100M player (or £113M to be precise) that we wouldn't otherwise be able to attract.

For the money he will cost it's obviously a big investment but it could be a gamble that pays off big time if Unai unlocks that £100M talent on a consistent basis.

£100m player that nobody else wants (apart from Benfica for half price at £20m). I must be missing something here.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

£100m player that nobody else wants (apart from Benfica for half price at £20m). I must be missing something here.

We are in a strange position in that we have reached the elite football competition with other elite clubs. In order to stay there, we need elite players to gelp continuing up the levels. We're aren't though, at the point we can attract the very, very best, so need to either by young, unproven, yet extremely high potential or we go for the players slightly beliw the really elite clubs and rejuvenate their careers to turn them into the best of the best. Hence for me why felix is a target

49 minutes ago, macandally said:

Squad size is already at the limit though. We might have the financial budget but there’s very little room in the squad for two players.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

No doubt his stock has fallen, and the elite teams don't seem to be interested but that doesn't mean he wouldn't still be a good pickup for us. He's already played at 3-4 big clubs too.

I think this is happening. It's mad enough it just might work.

I'd be fiercely against it if it wasn't Unai fighting so hard for him. He's the only reason it could work.

Felix should be doing whatever deal he should to come and have his career saved by Emery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've started to realise some people just pop into threads every now and then.Miss a load of key posts, pages and updates, then make declarations about how pointless the thread is.

Then someone who can be arsed to summarise or repost engages and we repeat the cycle again 😂

Either way, I enjoy transfer window speculation,not sure when people started getting so uppity about it.

"Why are you all politely discussing something that I could simply choose not to read or engage with 🤬🤬"

48 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s an unusual one, and there isn’t the usual sense of excitement, enthusiasm or even humour or light hearted reaction to a transfer link or speculation here. Seems a bit miserable 😆

Isn’t it great to even be linked or mentioned to players or targets like this? We’ve never even had a chance before… 

For all the accusation of posters being “desperate” for this or misguided to be even open to the idea… (which isn’t really the case or at least not to the extent that is being assumed)

there are many who seem to be strongly against this or not keen on the idea at all. Indulging in negative speculation or conjecture based on not a lot or any factual evidence or information. There’s nothing to suggest he has a huge ego or is a prima donna, that he has attitude or behavioural problems, that there is something wrong with him on a psychological level, that he’s disruptive or a bad egg… etc. etc. The only person he is known to have fallen out with is Simeone and most people know or are aware of what an abrasive personality he is. In fact, he could be accused of those issues and we saw that persona during his playing career too, not just his managerial one.

I’d just like to point out that we are not talking about a “broken” or useless player here.. he has still played football (for top clubs) and contributed, he has got goals and assists at all of the clubs he has played for. Barca were reasonably happy with him and interested in keeping him on but for financial restrictions and now interest in higher profile or better players (at least ftm) such as Olmo and Williams. They’re in a joke state anyway and shouldn’t be permitted to sign anyone before numerous and significant sales (3 billion euro debt on their heads)…

So, at his “worst” or minimum level, he can still contribute and make some sort of difference. He’s not beset by injuries, he’s still young with so much more to offer, has no physical problems or even mental problems… he’s been playing and relatively well but, not approaching or at his real potential. That’s what’s exciting and surely most of us feel or acknowledge that there are few better and able than Unai to unlock such talent or potential… 

Unai likes and rates him, we know we attempted to sign him back when Chelsea did and they had CL football to offer. If it’s happening now or we are in negotiations, it means that the interest is real (from both sides) and that Unai believes he can be an asset and that he can improve him. There are enough people that have reported on his admiration for the player too and we’ve also seen the video footage of how positively he spoke about him.

At least for me, it’s an exciting proposition. Most of all, this is a move that would delight and excite Unai. I really don’t think or believe the finances are as wild as many tend to speculate either, he’s as affordable as he’s ever been. We’ve been over it numerous times. And that’s one of the main reason why it’s a possibility too, he if he’s was flying and approaching park value then we wouldn’t even stand a chance.

If it happens, great. If not, fine and we move on to other targets.

I just don’t get the desire to see this move not happen or fail. Especially if/when Unai’s wants it to…

And regarding the potential “risks”… are we really so stupid or self absorbed that we believe we know better and are better placed to judge them? That Unai, Monchi and co. have not assessed and considered all that? That maybe the (potential) positives far outweighs the negatives?

Yes, there are no guarantees - and no one has stated that. Many factors are out of people’s control too, we can’t predict everything. But a lot of consideration will and would have been taken, research and checks, especially in this day and age, before making such a move or showing such interest. 

If Unai succeeds with him… we wouldn’t just be getting a decent player or even a good one… we could end up with a game changer, and maybe even someone approaching or becoming world class. That’s how he was once viewed universally too… as having the potential to become that.

If we managed that, it would be a masterstroke and boost our progression. We’d be even more competitive and… we would attract other high calibre players in future too… and that’s not to mention all the off the pitch benefits too… raising the profile of the club and the commercial side etc.

I believe that is part of why Unai is interested… the player he could end up having on his hands. And I understand his excitement about that… 

One success story leads to another, others would then be more willing to jump on board…

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â