João Félix

Delphinho123

For these social media guys it's a job. They have to post to earn their income. The fact that they haven't got anything new to post is irrelevant to them .... It's all about the "clicks'.

I've been entertained by this thread because Felix is a damned good footballer, but I still haven't got a real clue as to:

A) Are we even interested in him

B) Have we actually talked to Atletico about a deal

C)If we have are we only after a loan and then a later permanent deal?

I could go on with the rest of the alphabet, but then I would wasting my time and yours, which it appears Fabrizio Romano and his other less well known colleagues in the clickbait industry are currently doing.

I mean the fact we were interested in Nico Williams who's already on 200k at Bilbao, and would likely need even bigger wage to tempt him away...shows we can probably smash the wage record if it's Unais dream signing.

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

And that we only have one target. That’s not the case at all. Two different German journalists have said we’ve made some offer for Beier. I don’t know if he’s pushing this from Felix’s camp or not. Whatever he claims Unai thinks of the deal is irrelevant if it’s not a direct quote. 

Romano has just posted that there is no interest in Beier 😂

So... Yeah.

As much as some hate it ..Romano is top tier for transfer news and rumours. Doesn't mean he'll always be right but his MO is all his deep-rooted contacts

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Romano has just posted that there is no interest in Beier 😂

So... Yeah.

As much as some hate it ..Romano is top tier for transfer news and rumours. Doesn't mean he'll always be right but his MOis all his deep-rooted contacts

The man who famously claimed Ross Barkley played for Man United and said we signed Jack Harrison. Point is simple: two German journalists confirmed some offer which hadn’t been accepted. Hence no negotiations. Both can true. He’s just trying to hard to push this deal. Maybe for Monchi, maybe for Joao’s side. 

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

So Atletico want Gallagher and Alvarez… need some funds.

Or do we try getting Alvarez and save them the trouble 

spacer.png

Even going for him may force them to hear us out on a loan-to-buy deal for Felix

• Like 1

Felix probably thinks the Barca dream is alive until they sign Williams instead of him.  Unfortunately it seems like Laporte is prepared to start an OnlyFans account and do anything to get the money for that transfer

2 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Or do we try getting Alvarez and save them the trouble 

spacer.png

Even going for him may force them to hear us out on a loan-to-buy deal for Felix

Hey, fine by me! 😁

Don’t think he’d be interested though and cost a fair bit more, wants to move to a “warmer climate” apparently and be a regular starter, probably the main CF, in any team he joins. Think he’d be a great partner for Ollie in attack but  it sure that is something that would appeal to him.

Don’t think that’d be necessary anyway…. they want to strengthen their side and could do with some additional funds. Don’t want to keep Felix either so should be willing to come to some sort of compromise. As time goes on, you would think they’d be less resolute and more willing to work on something that works for all parties…

Atm, we are the best option although we may have competition from Benfica (especially once they complete the Joao Neves deal to PSG).

Just gonna have to be patient and wait and see what happens… difficult to get much clarity at this point but the interest appears to be genuine. Whether or not we have actually entered into negotiations is less clear 😆

Regardless, it’s just exciting and good to see us linked with such players. We never had a chance in the past… I wonder who else is on our shopping list (a few more sales will help).

I do think we need to set and keep our sights high since we are making the leap to CL football… don’t think we should be complacent about the strength and ability in our squad. There’s always room for improvement.

35 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Loan with obligation to buy is the perfect option, pushing the spend into next summer’s budget and leaving some budget available now for remaining targets. Would be nice if this is true. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

107 pages for what essentially amounts to "Unai Emery is doing puppy dog eyes in Joao Felix's general direction". Wack.

The thing is that's exactly what Felix needs. Someone who knows exactly how to get the best out of him and rates him.  He hasn't had that for 5 years really.. I dont care either way if he does come , but I would be really interested to see what Emery does with his skill set. He has turned Bailey into a lethal high end winger. McGinn into a cultured thoughtful player rather than a bull in a China shop. Does he turn Felix into a Firmino/ Griezeman type player. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The thing is that's exactly what Felix needs. Someone who knows exactly how to get the best out of him and rates him.  He hasn't had that for 5 years really.. I dont care either way if he does come , but I would be really interested to see what Emery does with his skill set. He has turned Bailey into a lethal high end winger. McGinn into a cultured thoughtful player rather than a bull in a China shop. Does he turn Felix into a Firmino/ Griezeman type player. 

I'm kind of intrigued as well, but then I remember he's going to cost like 60m and also that we haven't even formally made contact with either his club or him and I'm honestly kind of over it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Loan with obligation to buy is the perfect option, pushing the spend into next summer’s budget and leaving some budget available now for remaining targets. Would be nice if this is true. 

It's not perfect. Loan with an option to buy is much more preferable.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â