João Félix

Delphinho123

17 minutes ago, villa89 said:

According to the reports it's exactly the fee we were willing to pay. 

Then why did we not bid? Reports were we needed a lower fee and wage demands before we could make a deal happen. 

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Why? 😂

There's no need to get personal about it. It's his career after all. We may have not even put in a bid for him yet. He may have come to us if we could have actually negotiated a fee for him. 

I just get annoyed with players rejecting us. We have a top manager and playing in Champions League. Felix has done nothing to justify being so picky 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Then why did we not bid? Reports were we needed a lower fee and wage demands before we could make a deal happen. 

Bu Romano has said he wants Chelsea. He's never said he wants us. So I'm putting 2 and 2 together.

We were told getting Champions League would attract all these players to us and IMO we signed higher profile players after finishing 11th, 14th and 7th.

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

There were no bids from any team. Chelsea are the first club to show meaningful interest. 

4 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Bu Romano has said he wants Chelsea. He's never said he wants us. So I'm putting 2 and 2 together.

We were told getting Champions League would attract all these players to us and IMO we signed higher profile players after finishing 11th, 14th and 7th.

Why would he not want Chelsea? They only became interested in last 24 hours as the deal for Omorodin collapsed. 

We have had no bid accepted and no personal terms agreed with player. No decision was there to be made before Chelsea became an option. 

We have PSR issues to deal with still. We have not Sold Duran despite it being our intention to try do a deal. 

21 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

If the little mug wants Chelsea over us then he clearly needs his head examining. Playing Europa Conference when he said he wants Champions League, the guy is a moron.

He's not too good for us at all, and he clearly has terrible judgement and Mendes is a knob too, got little Wolves all those Portuguese internationals but can't get us one.

I hope Felix gets booed to high heaven when he comes to VP to be honest.

I understand this feeling, look it happens but lets not drain too much of our energy  to lure players in who feel they may be too big for us, especially when we are a champions league club now, those players need us more than we need them always remember that, the focus will now be shifted to other players who are probably going to work out better who albeit will probably be less talented, however the fat lady has not yet grabbed the mic so stay tuned 🤝 

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why would he not want Chelsea? They only became interested in last 24 hours as the deal for Omorodin collapsed. 

We have had no bid accepted and no personal terms agreed with player. No decision was there to be made before Chelsea became an option. 

We have PSR issues to deal with still. We have not Sold Duran despite it being our intention to try do a deal. 

Because they are not in the Champions League, have an unproven manager, are a chaotic football club, and it didn't work for him there before.

And taking a big pay cut to go there makes him even more of a moron.

We would have been able to offer a fee of under £40m, with the Diaby money (amortised at a fraction of that cost), if we chose not to sell Duran for £32m when he won't play for us again then our judgement has to be in question too because we may be stuck with him and it looks like we can't use him.

Personally I'm in disbelief how teams like West Ham can spend so much money without selling anyone and Chelsea just buy whoever they want when they want and we can't do anything. And it will cost us believe me.

Chelsea are a bigger club, they will pay him more money and most importantly will pay a fee that Atletico will accept. 

People need to be reasonable here. We never had a bid accepted. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

Chelsea are a bigger club, they will pay him more money and most importantly will pay a fee that Atletico will accept. 

People need to be reasonable here. We never had a bid accepted. 

Nor did we make any bids either. A crucial distinction that is lost here. 

• Like 2

It's fairly obvious we need to sell before we can buy.

We probably expected Duran to go and free up some space to buy someone like Felix.

Same with Carlos, we won't see any incomings until we move some other players out, our squad is too big and in a PSR landscape we need to trade.

I think Felix could be good here, however I feel very meh about all our outgoings and incomings so far this summer, we've a good squad and importantly a top class manager who I trust to keep moving the club forward on the pitch.

This season could be a 1 step back to take 2 forward situation, we've built more depth to our squad, added more potential and youth and a top 7 finish and CL knockout phase would be a good season to continue establishing Villa as a European qualifying team.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

like i said if you are say 18 - 26, so the age of chuk and kellyman and now felix you grew up watching Jose's Chelsea

villa are above them in a snapshot in time, said somewhere else use leicester as the example, they won the PL, didnt make them bigger than the sky 6, we haven't overtaken anyone yet, chelsea are a bigger club than us, that's the reality

Agreed.

However I look at it from Felix POV. What really is in it for him to go back to Chelsea? He's already had six months there, scored 3 goals from 15 games and the fans weren't bothered about him signing full time so hard to see how he's forged a love affair with them.

He's already up the squad player season at somewhere like Barca and that meant he was a backup to a 40 year old in the recent Euros.

I really don't understand why he'd just want another season of that at Chelsea. He's 25 now so really needs to go somewhere where he'd start 40 games and be the key link between midfield and attack so as a club I'd say we'd be a very good fit for this stage of his career but he seemingly isn't interested in any of that and is basically one of those agent pawns like Rademao Falcao was for a few seasons before he went back to Monaco.

34 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Spot on. We are currently above Chelsea over the last two seasons, but players will remember that Chelsea have won the Champions League twice and the Europa League twice in the last 15 years. We still have some way to go before we have the same pull as Chelsea. We are still working towards that, and our hands are tied by stupid rules.

We were a MUCH bigger club than Swansea and Stoke in our final years under Lerner, but quality players were going to them over us because we were run as a shambles.

Okay, Chelsea aren't quite that bad in fighting relegation like we were but they did finish 12th a couple of seasons ago on 44 points and have finished below us the last 2 seasons. They keep changing managers and look as unstable as ever, also haven't won a single trophy under their new owners. Plus Felix is going there not guaranteed a starting spot whatsoever given they have Nkunku, Palmer, Neto, Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke etc.

We have a starting spot lined up for him right behind one of the best strikers in Europe. He's a fool whichever way you look at it if he chooses Chelsea over us, I'm sorry I stand by that.

Edited by Leeroy
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Agreed.

However I look at it from Felix POV. What really is in it for him to go back to Chelsea? He's already had six months there, scored 3 goals from 15 games and the fans weren't bothered about him signing full time so hard to see how he's forged a love affair with them.

He's already up the squad player season at somewhere like Barca and that meant he was a backup to a 40 year old in the recent Euros.

I really don't understand why he'd just want another season of that at Chelsea. He's 25 now so really needs to go somewhere where he'd start 40 games and be the key link between midfield and attack so as a club I'd say we'd be a very good fit for this stage of his career but he seemingly isn't interested in any of that and is basically one of those agent pawns like Rademao Falcao was for a few seasons before he went back to Monaco.

In short, ego, don’t believe these footballers are that intelligent but those like Felix will have been told they are the best in the world for decades, taking it on the chin they are not is a big step!

They are essentially orchestrated by their agents, and in this case Mendes is trying to reignite a fading talent.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I usually believe Romano because he gets information. It's not Football Insider, or Talksport, or any of that rubbish. And Ornstein reported it too.

Whilst I have absolutely no intention of doing it I'd like to see a compilation of his Felix and Villa tweets over the past month or so, or all his villa tweets for that matter. Would be interesting reading.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â