João Félix

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I can't  argue with the depth - it's  part of a transformation into a properly top level club. Man City and Liverpool always seem to have incredible options off the bench and seem to be able to manage workload to peak at the right time. Contrast this with us hanging on by our fingernails last season. 

I'm  not 100% on Felix, but am warming to it.

If he does come, the big question for me is how it impacts on Ramsey and Rogers. Those two, plus Buendia  and Watkins to an extent, also love that inside left channel that Felix seems to thrive in. 

You would see one of Rogers or Ramsey starting with Felix, but would they get in each other's way, or would this be part of a masterplan to properly overload that channel (kw) and work the ball in tight spaces (kw) that gives the opposition defence a problem of balance. 

We've  seen it a bit before with Buendia, Ramsey and Moreno. Chuck the possibility to switch quickly to the other side with Bailey in space...

I see Rogers/Ramsey with Felix working well as we can clog up the middle but Maatsen will stay so high up to offer width on the left. But then is it McGinn or Bailey on the right? Or McGinn CM and Tielemans and Barkley benched? Too many options 🤯

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Joe Happy doesn't look very happy there does he?

Whilst I don't think we should break the bank for him, playing him as a 10 Rogers/JJ left, bailey right and Ollie up top would be easily the best forward line we've had for a very long time.

I agree with the suggestion above, we should try a loan with an obligation to buy if we get top 4 again this season.

Not sure I dreamt this or read it somewhere last night, have we gave Madrid 2 options 1st option a loan with option to buy the season after for €60 million 2nd option straight purchase now for €40 million ? 

A loan with an option to buy might work best for us but it doesn't seem to be what Madrid or Felix want. 

If he's our number 1 target for Unai then back him and spend what it takes. 

Doesn't sound a loan with a buy option is on the table, they want the money to fund their other purchases which is understandable. Either we have to offer the cash or look elsewhere, if they do offer the cash we need to convince Felix which won't be easy. 

Still far from confident this deal will happen. 

7 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Doesn't sound a loan with a buy option is on the table, they want the money to fund their other purchases which is understandable. Either we have to offer the cash or look elsewhere, if they do offer the cash we need to convince Felix which won't be easy. 

If Madrid need the cash and no one else is prepared to pay the asking price, then they will have no choice but to lower their demands. The club can't afford to hold on to Felix for another year. We just need to hold our ground and wait, as atletico will eventually break.

25 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Not sure I dreamt this or read it somewhere last night, have we gave Madrid 2 options 1st option a loan with option to buy the season after for €60 million 2nd option straight purchase now for €40 million ? 

Yeah, you read it on the page before your post :lol:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

The levels of conjecture and speculation around this guy or what he is like are crazy… based on barely anything at all.

Trust in Unai… the man has vastly more knowledge and experience in football than any of us fools! He’s been there, done that and won a fair few things! Worked with all kinds of players and personalities.

He has talked the talk and walked the walk! We’ve never had a manager like him!!

If this is the player that Unai wants, he should get him! And we should feel good about it too really!

I think your desperation to get this guy in is prejudicing your argument.  Numerous posters have already articulated that it’s not about trusting Unai, his record is exemplary, however for this to work the player has to be as invested in success and Aston Villa as Unai is.  I trust Unai/Monchi to decide that during talks with the player.

There are always differing opinions, everyone respects your excitement/support for this, but some of us (reasonably in my opinion) harbours concerns given a) he was not excited by the vision last year and b) he has not exactly pulled up trees over recent years.

• Like 4

But we do have to be sensible here with the wages. If he comes and is on more than people like ollie, bailey etc but doesnt hit the heights we could cause some unrest in the club

No doubt its a gamble when you see the numbers involved

49 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The best manager we've had in at least 30 years considers him a 'dream' signing according to Fab. Not just he likes him, but that he really, really likes him. 

I don't think anyone should be questioning this signing given that. If he just liked him as a player maybe, but it's clear he considers he will be a massive boost to our starting 11.

Monchi needs to work his magic and get this done.

9 minutes ago, macandally said:

I think your desperation to get this guy in is prejudicing your argument.  Numerous posters have already articulated that it’s not about trusting Unai, his record is exemplary, however for this to work the player has to be as invested in success and Aston Villa as Unai is.  I trust Unai/Monchi to decide that during talks with the player.

There are always differing opinions, everyone respects your excitement/support for this, but some of us (reasonably in my opinion) harbours concerns given a) he was not excited by the vision last year and b) he has not exactly pulled up trees over recent years.

I think there should be a diversity of thought on this deal too. I’ve never been against it, will support it if the club sanctions it. People are right to be a little concerned - and I hope that if it does happen, Joao can put some of those doubts to rest by committing to the project on and off of the pitch. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Monchi needs to work his magic and get this done.

More likely than not that we figure this out and get a deal over the line… but Felix won’t be the last signing we’re trying to make and Monchi will want to make our funds stretch as far as possible. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Yes, think this might drag on a bit, seems a complicated one

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â