João Félix

Delphinho123

If this happens it'd be by far the riskiest signing Emery has ever made for us, huge stakes. But I have to say, I just do not see how it fails - this guy's whole career is ahead of him, nothing at all like Coutinho.

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

If this happens it'd be by far the riskiest signing Emery has ever made for us, huge stakes. But I have to say, I just do not see how it fails - this guy's whole career is ahead of him, nothing at all like Coutinho.

There is no way Emery would take such a risk, unless he was almost certain it will pay off.  Emery will know all about Felix, and the scouting team and Monchi will have looked at the data to back up why he's suited to the team.  For the price Atletico want he's undervalued based on his stats, as similar players are valued in the £60-80m bracket.  

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

There is no way Emery would take such a risk, unless he was almost certain it will pay off.  Emery will know all about Felix, and the scouting team and Monchi will have looked at the data to back up why he's suited to the team.  For the price Atletico want he's undervalued based on his stats, as similar players are valued in the £60-80m bracket.  

Exactly this. If Unai thinks there is the smallest chance of Joao Felix being disruptive, high risk etc. then he simply will not authorise the transfer, especially for the large amounts being quoted. 

He isn't stupid.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If it did ever happen surely would be a loan? His wages must be ridiculous.

Insert popcorn gif

A risky signing but huge if it pays off

He's a joy to watch on the ball. 

I think his age does take some of the risk away, I'm sure a Saudi club would love to sign him if it doesn't work out here. 

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He’s been rubbish ever since he left Benfica. Don’t understand the fascination over him. 

Purely FWIW, I thought he looked decent at Chelsea.  Widely noted as being "a flop", but he looked a serious talent to me.  Haven't really watched him outside of that...

...though, having said that, for being "rubbish", he's also a 1-in-4 attacking mid (and often winger) at some of the bigger clubs in European football with a casual 200 odd games under his belt at the top level of football, aged 'just' 24.  You've also got to be a pretty special talent to win the Golden Boy award.  He'd be a huge signing for us.

• Like 3

Just now, bobzy said:

Purely FWIW, I thought he looked decent at Chelsea.  Widely noted as being "a flop", but he looked a serious talent to me.  Haven't really watched him outside of that...

...though, having said that, for being "rubbish", he's also a 1-in-4 attacking mid (and often winger) at some of the bigger clubs in European football with a casual 200 odd games under his belt at the top level of football, aged 'just' 24.  You've also got to be a pretty special talent to win the Golden Boy award.  He'd be a huge signing for us.

It's hyperbole purely for effect.

I agree with you, FWIW.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He’s been rubbish ever since he left Benfica. Don’t understand the fascination over him. 

Creative Attacking  players don’t flourish under Simeone he’s a 10 goal per season player he isn’t an out and out striker . He was decent in a terrible unsettled Chelsea team just because he was sent off on his debut doesn’t he’s rubbish and he had a good season at Barca.

• Like 1

If anyone can get the best out of him, it’s Unai. A big finacial gamble, but one that could keep us within the CL chase and competition for years to come. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Atletico Madrid fans are very happy to get rid of him. The one thing that could make this work is that he did his best for them when he played through the middle, even as 9 and he’ll probably play centrally for us. Been described as physically weak, lacking pace and petulant.

I love Unai as much as the next guy but it’s normal to be sceptical about this, you can’t always just trott out the Unai knows best defence. If he signs though I’ll back him 100%.

• Like 1

Just now, bose said:

Atletico Madrid fans are very happy to get rid of him. The one thing that could make this work is that he did his best for them when he played through the middle, even as 9 and he’ll probably play centrally for us. Been described as physically weak, lacking pace and petulant.

I love Unai as much as the next guy but it’s normal to be sceptical about this, you can’t always just trott out the Unai knows best defence. If he signs though I’ll back him 100%.

You can.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Creative Attacking  players don’t flourish under Simeone he’s a 10 goal per season player he isn’t an out and out striker . He was decent in a terrible unsettled Chelsea team just because he was sent off on his debut doesn’t he’s rubbish and he had a good season at Barca.

Not true though. Griezmann was hitting double figures with ease. Angel Correa got double figures last 3 season at Atletico and he is a sub

Felix was not good at Barca or Chelsea, not at all. Barca fans can’t stand the way he is on the pitch, comes across as arrogant and is hugely inconsistent. He had somewhat decent spells while at Atleti but nothing worth what they paid. 

He’d be a no bigger signing than Moussa Diaby last summer. The hype for him I just find mad. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â