World Cup: Matches

Genie

3 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

That's a joke of a decision. 

How is that player supposed to know the ball is going to hit his teammate and go in that direction?! 

The keeper had a full view of it and dove the wrong way for the initial shot. Cruel to overturn that goal when it couldn't possibly have been saved. 

7 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

That's a joke of a decision. 

How is that player supposed to know the ball is going to hit his teammate and go in that direction?! 

No its right fir me, they should give it more often, of course he's interfering with play he's a yard away from the keeper

Also just seen the penalty Qatar didn't get... I think that's a pen, definitley more of a pen than what Ronaldo got last night

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

No its right fir me, they should give it more often, of course he's interfering with play he's a yard away from the keeper

While I agree the rule was applied correctly as it stands, the keeper had a clear view and was already diving to save the initial shot. The keeper wouldn't have done anything differently if the player wasn't there and couldn't possibly have saved the deflection. The player being there had no bearing on the goal. I feel for them. 

12 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

While I agree the rule was applied correctly as it stands, the keeper had a clear view and was already diving to save the initial shot. The keeper wouldn't have done anything differently if the player wasn't there and couldn't possibly have saved the deflection. The player being there had no bearing on the goal. I feel for them. 

To me it doesn't matter you can't be there and not interfering, it's impossible

We had one vs arsenal a few ywars back, sure it was Barkley, we were also on the wrong side of one vs man City, its something I wish refs gave more often

The offside rule and who is active, who is interfering and phases of play it **** stupid, he's 2 yards from goal and 1 yard ftom the keeper, of course he's impacting that play and is offside

22 minutes ago, Spoony said:

England fans laying it on thick on twitter with 9/11 jokes. Can’t imagine why literally everyone hates us. Really wish I could change nationality…

Sort of an own goal there, dozens of English people were killed that day. **** morons.

28 minutes ago, Spoony said:

England fans laying it on thick on twitter with 9/11 jokes. Can’t imagine why literally everyone hates us. Really wish I could change nationality…

probably the same people that complained about this celebration 

Alex Morgan celebrates game-winning goal with tea-sipping gesture - CBS News

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, sne said:

All Saudi players being gifted £400k Rolls Royce Phantoms by MBS as a reward for beating Argentina according to Dutch papers. I mean why not, money is not an issue.

They've probably already got several each.