World Cup: Matches

Genie

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Your argument has zero basis. If you are saying in totality ( tournament wise ) they’ve been giving a leg up - prove it. How did FIFA help the Saudis beat them, Poland save a penalty and FIFA brought it to penalties against Holland for dramatic effect ? You want to know what Argentina’s debatable penalty means ? It means they got a debatable penalty. Same as you see in the PL every week - minus your faux outrage. Argentina have been brilliant and deserve this . 

You don't read the post you are responding to are you so I'll leave you to it. Again as I said I was talking about this game as it's a game thread. 

This was their 5th penalty in the tournament fwiw. New WC record.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Explains the outrage you have against them itt XD

Well that and the penalty :)

They thoroughly deserve the lead, France are pathetic.

Other things being equal I'd prefer a France win because of the absolute relentless playacting. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

Well that and the penalty :)

They thoroughly deserve the lead, France are pathetic.

Other things being equal I'd prefer a France win because of the absolute relentless playacting

Yeah this get annoying agreed. Most teams do this in 2022 though. Just part of the sport these days and can't really be attributed to a single country imo.

• Like 1

France team obviously still suffering the effects of whatever illness has gone round their camp, and Argentina have taken full advantage and gone at them all out from the start. Cant imagine Southgate doing the same.

1 minute ago, sne said:

You don't read the post you are responding to are you so I'll leave you to it. Again as I said I was talking about this game as it's a game thread. 

This was their 5th penalty in the tournament fwiw. New WC record.

😂 but instead of the cryptic messages can you engage adult mode and say what you are trying to imply ? Your hinting at something to highlight the 5 penalties given to them. Again i ask ( and you can’t answer ) a penalty shoot out against Holland that can go anyway. How do FIFA fix that ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I particularly love the bit where the ref broke from Argentina half and squared a lovely pass to DiMaria and finished it superbly. 

There’s still the 2nd half…

Obviously irrelevant though because THey MISSEd A pEnALty AGaiNSt poLanD

I’ve enjoyed the game so far. Argentina have done well and France have been awful. I wanted Argentina to win for Martinez, forget worrying about him leaving after winning it, teams already know who he is and what he’s about. Also I popped a little bet on Argentina before it started so I’d quite like to win that. 

• Like 3

Just now, Johnnyp said:

😂 but instead of the cryptic messages can you engage adult mode and say what you are trying to imply ? Your hinting at something to highlight the 5 penalties given to them. Again i ask ( and you can’t answer ) a penalty shoot out against Holland that can go anyway. How do FIFA fix that ? 

Never claimed they did now did I?

Anyway we are done here, have a good one.

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Anyone any good in goal ?  45 minutes from not seeing Emi for a month . Buenos Aires is going to be a crazy place.

I was there the night of the rearranged (to europe?) Copa Libertadores final between River and Boca and it was mental with only half the football fans in the city celebrating. A World Cup win would be insane.

• Like 1