World Cup: Matches

Genie

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's not a one-man show...

Saka, Foden, Bellingham all prominent and rightly so.

Kane is going to be England's all-time greatest goalscorer. He has my respect.

Same as Rooney for me, his want to play Roy of the Rovers and be anywhere other than up front is tarnishing what he's done for England

Another thing that wasn't actually that bad tonight though, maybe it was because of mbappe but he didn't do his stint at right back

Just now, villa4europe said:

The lloris save from Bellingham?

Saka also had a daisy cutter

And also a shot on target from Kane from open play. But his and Saka's were both weak and very easy for Lloris to save, argh!!! Sooo frustrating. 😩

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Southgate should do the decent thing and walk. He's the international version of Stevie G.

I wouldn’t go that far as he’s done some good stuff but he’s not an elite manager and his lack of tactical knowledge shows through. We have a wealth of talent and he ignores most of it for his sodding favourites. He then gets all Steve Bruce and plays about 10 RBs. Personally I think he and the way he set us up lost us the Euros.

He’s done wonders with the way England is set up away from the games and hats off to him for that, the group togetherness, the professionalism and the way the media work and relationship has become a positive one.

He’s just too defensive for my liking and  I think he should step down (but he won’t)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Ah yes, the guy who notably always wins the crucial match, the guy you turn to when literally nothing other than winning the final of the biggest tournament is good enough, Pep Guardiola. 

Yawn, yawn, fecking yawn. "The cashmere crombie, that's mine, pass it please ".

1 minute ago, TreeVillan said:

Pretty sure Harry Kane had a decent effort that was saved after a deflection too. Still though our style is boring. 

No ones saying its boring, it was in previous tournaments, although I think alot is Southgate giving into media pressure. We just need a change, he has done his best and has always failed when up against smarter managers and challenging opposition.

Just now, burchy said:

I wouldn’t go that far as he’s done some good stuff but he’s not an elite manager and his lack of tactical knowledge shows through. We have a wealth of talent and he ignores most of it for his sodding favourites. He then gets all Steve Bruce and plays about 10 RBs. Personally I think he and the way he set us up lost us the Euros.

He’s done wonders with the way England is set up away from the games and hats off to him for that, the group togetherness, the professionalism and the way the media work and relationship has become a positive one.

He’s just too defensive for my liking and  I think he should step down (but he won’t)

Those are perfectly valid points. I just think it's a step too far in tournament football to pick names and not play them, let alone pick the likes of Coady for no other reason than dressing room harmony. The spine of the team remains his favourites, and for all their various qualities, many of those names just aren't good enough.

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

As an Irishman I have to say I'm really disappointed to see England go out, really a big loss for the tournament.

I will add that my hopes and dreams were tied up in an Argentina England final with Argentina shithousing a win in the most painful possible way for England to take.

• Haha 3

Maddison was never gonna step onto the pitch. The only reason that Southgate took him was to keep fans and media onside early and avoid any uproar. 

I had more chance of getting minutes at this World Cup than James Maddison. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PaulC said:
1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Saka too soft though, doubt he'd get in that France team, defo wouldn't be a starter.

In the second half he was our best pkater by a.mile. think he's a great talent 

Agreed he was our best player but he does pussy out of things, think the last game one of the commentators said Ian Wright would have dived head first to bury a cross whereas Saka wimped out of the challenge.

Great kid, great player, just needs to be braver. 

• Like 1