World Cup: Matches

Genie

I'm about 95% finished with Safegate, just waiting for him to quit after this tournament, hopefully. If he can't manage to send the team out like he did against Iran tonight and smash Wales, I will hold the extra 5% until Senegal knock us out in the next round.

Already heard, it's a 4 at the back with Walker, Henderson and Rashford in for tonight, no doubt a unfit Kane will be a starter as always. Quelle the borefest.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

The seeming pettiness of Ronaldo going to lengths to be credited that goal is the mentality that has made him arguably the best ever. Always looking for an edge no matter what, even retrospectively. 

Also why he's a massive prick. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

D0207686-1-C5-D-4-B77-92-EC-E6923-E46-C9

Bellingham, Rice AND Henderson, and a back 4 🤦‍♂️ 

Shock horror!! Against Wales what a absolute knobber Southgate is. Grealish should be in place of Rashford all day long, he knows how to play with Foden, seems a no brainer.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

ok we had a blip against Scotland too but on the whole they were positive against the weaker teams in the Euros. 

Czech Republic as well England struggled and Tunisia in last work

He is just a negative dinosaur

Take Rashford out for Grealish and maybe swap Walker and Trippier and I reckon that's our strongest side.

If Phillips is fit maybe play him over Henderson too - but the shape - with two holding - is absolutely necessary to give us the balance that allows our front four to have enough of the ball and do the things they're good at.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Take Rashford out for Grealish and maybe swap Walker and Trippier and I reckon that's our strongest side.

If Phillips is fit maybe play him over Henderson too - but the shape - with two holding - is absolutely necessary to give us the balance that allows our front four to have enough of the ball and do the things they're good at.

You been on the Guinness? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Kane on one leg in a near dead rubber 🤦‍♂️

I'm sure Kane demands to be picked in the hope of boosting his numbers - he wants the England record, he wants the golden boots, he's the gormless Ronaldo - team second.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Best get in 2 sitters and a CM to make up for the fact we have marginally less defensive minded wingers.

Guys a **** gutless word removed.

I don't see the shape as a problem - he's essentially doing what Emery did after Gerrard - sticking someone next to Rice (or our Luiz) and setting the forwards free.

Bellingham is a very good midfielder in that free role - I think he can do very well there - he's not a natural six by any means.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't see the shape as a problem - he's essentially doing what Emery did after Gerrard - sticking someone next to Rice (or our Luiz) and setting the forwards free.

Bellingham is a very good midfielder in that free role - I think he can do very well there - he's not a natural six by any means.

The difference is the England squad is much better than Villa, and Wales are worse than most PL teams. 

England should be taking the game to Wales, but I imagine we’ll stand off and size them up and take no risks. 

Edited by Genie
  • Thanks 1

so, if we finish top of the table....

Senegal last 16?

probably France or Argentina in the quarters?

probably Croatia/Belgium or Portugal in the semis (maybe Germany)?

Edited by MaVilla