World Cup: Matches

Genie

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Commentator said the other day that Wales need to beat England by 4 goals to qualify.  However looking at the table Wales can win 1-0 if Iran and the US draw.  Am I missing something?

I think it's goals rather than head to head games. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is everyone else looking forward to an absolute festival of spite, cynicism and downright cheating in the upcoming Portugal - Uruguay game?

I'm hoping for at least a dozen cards, a mass of moaning, time wasting, feigned injury, diving, bench recriminations, referee baiting and off the ball incident.

I'm hoping for the kind of game that commentators describe as "disappointing" and "not what we want to see"; a delirious menagerie of filth.

A game fit for this World Cup.

Extra points if Suarez bites Ronaldo.

with the new added time rules I think this game might not end tonight

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is everyone else looking forward to an absolute festival of spite, cynicism and downright cheating in the upcoming Portugal - Uruguay game?

I'm hoping for at least a dozen cards, a mass of moaning, time wasting, feigned injury, diving, bench recriminations, referee baiting and off the ball incident.

I'm hoping for the kind of game that commentators describe as "disappointing" and "not what we want to see"; a delirious menagerie of filth.

Expecting something like Portugal - Holland WC 2006.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

One of the great World Cup games

I was thinking about this earlier, I really think WC 2006 was my favourite. Some of the most memorable matches (including that final), great atmosphere at the grounds, the teams were all stacked with veteran players going for their last hurrah to win a WC. 2014 had the best group stage matches though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I was thinking about this earlier, I really think WC 2006 was my favourite. Some of the most memorable matches (including that final), great atmosphere at the grounds, the teams were all stacked with veteran players going for their last hurrah to win a WC. 2014 had the best group stage matches though.

I think South Africa was probably the worst World Cup in this century and the rest were good

2002 was even good fun but mainly because of a lot of big teams struggling

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is  the “how many odious footballers” you can get on one pitch match.

Rat Face, Ronaldo, Martinez’s & Suarez :puke:

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

This is  the “how many odious footballers” you can get on one pitch match.

Rat Face, Ronaldo, Martinez’s & Suarez :puke:

Martinez is Argentinian but you forgot the king of shithousery

Real Madrid icon Pepe's journey from hothead to Bernabeu hero

13 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I can’t work out whether there are loads of boring matches in this tournament or whether I’ve just been unlucky with the ones I’ve been able to watch. 

All the good games seem to be early afternoon/morning.

Japan Vs Costa Rica being an exception..

• Like 1