World Cup: Matches

Genie

21 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Rice was left out to dry by his inept clueless manager. An absolute shocking manager who so don't wish on any team when his international career is over. A

I'd wish him on ManUre, Liverpool, Man Ci$y, Chelsea and Newcastle.

Had a migraine, tried to watch the England game, made it worse by how dreadful we were so slept instead. Didn't miss much by the sounds of it.

Based on the small sample I watched a team like Spain would dominate us, we wouldn't get hold of the ball. We have no players who can control the tempo. Without that it's going to be a lot more difficult to win a World Cup.

Some games have been boring because of the tactical setup of teams, others due to strong defensive performances. I think the players being fitter at this time of the year helps there.

Although some of the 0-0s have still been enjoyable because of the above.

3 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Based on the small sample I watched a team like Spain would dominate us, we wouldn't get hold of the ball. We have no players who can control the tempo. Without that it's going to be a lot more difficult to win a World Cup.

Yes it's very likely that we don't have a good enough central midfield to get deep into the tournament. In Southgate's defence though, it's not like he's left any world class metronomes at home. 

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Not really. Poland not helping themselves. I mean Milik pulled his shorts there - what’s the ref to do. Poland look knackered. 

Gave a foul to Poland for the Saudi being kicked 

stopped Poland’s attack when cash got the ball