World Cup: Matches

Genie

38 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Is there any nation other than France who don't want Morocco to win?

Normally neighbouring countries would back the opposition, but I can't imagine any African nation not backing Morocco.

Maybe Spain or Portugal if they feel bitter, but again they aren't the best of friends with the French 

Arent Morocco in a big tiff with Algeria...Spain and Portugal are probably not keen either

16 minutes ago, TomC said:

I've been watching this sport for over 30 years now and the more time that passes, the more I realize that a ruthless, reliable striker is worth his weight in gold. Morocco outplayed France in almost every aspect for most of the night. But they didn't have that ruthless finisher; too many times they hesitated just a bit much or took one touch too many. Drop a Miroslav Klose into that team and it would have been 4-2 for Morocco instead of 2-0 for France.

The world already knew Hakimi and Ziyech, but now we know Amrabat, Ouhani, and a backline that got the job done despite injuries. Whereas Spain has devolved into doctrinaire tiki taka, passing for the sake of passing, Morocco played one touch football with the same skill but much more positive intent. They were no fluke. They were one player short of going all the way. Outstanding.

This is the reason we struggle. Kane should be the focused striker, not the free role he seems to play.

56 minutes ago, TomC said:

I've been watching this sport for over 30 years now and the more time that passes, the more I realize that a ruthless, reliable striker is worth his weight in gold. Morocco outplayed France in almost every aspect for most of the night. But they didn't have that ruthless finisher; too many times they hesitated just a bit much or took one touch too many. Drop a Miroslav Klose into that team and it would have been 4-2 for Morocco instead of 2-0 for France.

The world already knew Hakimi and Ziyech, but now we know Amrabat, Ouhani, and a backline that got the job done despite injuries. Whereas Spain has devolved into doctrinaire tiki taka, passing for the sake of passing, Morocco played one touch football with the same skill but much more positive intent. They were no fluke. They were one player short of going all the way. Outstanding.

Mate... So many times all that was required was ONE less step or ONE less step over to be replaced by a shot or something.

Saw the stats and Morocco were pretty much ahead in every metric.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1