World Cup: Matches

Genie

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If not Henderson then who?

Phillips or Mount...

Bellingham nailed his spot for the next 10 years but as I posted in the Southgate thread England need another midfielder in the euro cycle

It will be elliot before it will be Ramsey

I would much rather Mount. 

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That can't be right. BBC has us with 5 shots on target

I can't remember one, seen the stats as well, we didn't play well tonight, played with fear , apart from Saka after he lost the ball for their goal. At that point he started to fights , most of the others just went through the motions. 

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I would much rather Mount. 

Henderson has been excellent this tournament to be fair. 

I had massive doubts about him starting any games but he’s been great

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sorry mate but arguing that we needed JWP in a World Cup quarter final against the holders is a bit mental

It's a good thing I'm not making that argument then.

We wouldn't even be talking about him if the extent of England's tactics weren't set piece and insha'Allah.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

It's a good thing I'm not making that argument then.

We wouldn't even be talking about him if the extent of England's tactics weren't set piece and insha'Allah.

I feel like you were watching a different game. I don't recognise this description of 'England's tactics were trying to win free kicks' that you keep making. We played well! It's not like we created dozens of chances, but then we were playing France, not Iran. 

• Like 1

Teams like Morocco, Japan and Croatia can beat bigger footballing nations on paper, yet Southgate gets a free pass as it's France. End of the day we lost when it came to a decent side yet again. If we settle for second best it's all we will ever be.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Whats he done then? He ain't made any mistakea but he hasn't created anything or had a shot on goal. He's stood In front of the back four and passed the ball back and forward but that is not going to win world cups. Rice should be doing that and breaking up play . Bellingham and another should be players who can create and defend ....a bit . Henderson is another Westwood type player. 

Just now, tinker said:

Whats he done then? He ain't made any mistakea but he hasn't created anything or had a shot on goal. He's stood In front of the back four and passed the ball back and forward but that is not going to win world cups. Rice should be doing that and breaking up play . Bellingham and another should be players who can create and defend ....a bit . Henderson is another Westwood type player. 

Henderson is literally the reason Bellingham has been able to play the way he has since the Wales game. 

Im not saying Henderson is an amazing player or should be starting games regularly for England. 

All I’m saying is in this tournament he’s done well

• Like 1

What the **** has Toney got to do with anything. He wouldn't have been on the pitch and despite his record I still would pick Kane.

He's scored pressure penalties for fun.

Shoulda.  Woulda.  Coulda. 

Deal with it 

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Before tonight he earned his place in the side. 

Just now, Genie said:

Before tonight he earned his place in the side. 

I think he was fine tonight as well. Probably should have come off earlier and replaced with someone braver than Mason Mount, but Jordan Henderson isn’t the reason we lost tonight

• Like 1

Henderson played really wide an account of the fact Walker wasn't getting forward. It's a role he played 20 year ago maybe but obviously not comfortable for him. He kept it tidy and Mbappe was neutralised. He did a job. Not sure what to expect Henderson to pop a few stopovers out wide and ghost past people.

Everyone was brilliant