World Cup: Matches

Genie

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i cant decide if Argentina are semi hindered by the spectre of Messi (ie: its like they cant express themselves unless Messi is at the head of it - like a self-fulfilling trap), or whether Messi has carried an Argentina side that isnt quite as good as ppl think they are.

Argentina certainly dont look very good over 1.5 games now.

I'd certainly agree they aren't as good as people had suggested they were. I understand they entered the World Cup on the back of some very impressive form, and finally a Copa America win, but looking at the side on paper and for me the defence and midfield is distinctly ordinary.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, I'd take prime Maradona over Prime Messi myself all day 

Probably due to nostalgia though.

Jamaicans properly loved Maradona and are massive Argentina fans.

Lol really? That’s so random. How come? Just cos of maradona? And has that held to this generation?

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Lol really? That’s so random. How come? Just cos of maradona? And has that held to this generation?

It has mate, my Dad and cousins been having meltdowns 😂

Obviously there's Brazil love in there as well, sourced from Pele and Romario etc, but Argentina is our second football country hands down. ( After Reggae Boys of course )

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fair play... 

I think subliminally so do you considering you put the "Prime" with a capital P in front of Messi and "prime" with a lowercase p in front of Maradona ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, il_serpente said:

McAllister starts for Argentina and Buendia can’t even get in the squad.

Buendia has been a bit part player for a poor premier league team for the best part of a year. 

It’s not his fault. It’s Gerrard’s. But it’s not particularly surprising that he didn’t make this squad

• Like 2