World Cup: Matches

Genie

Midfield the issue. Bellingham believing his own hype and trotting around the pitch. He has to get back and help Rice out when we lose possession. Rice is protecting that backline on his own first half.

Started too slow and lethargic and it's continued the whole half 

Saka and Sterling far too narrow. It's like Gareth has got Gerrard in to sort this game out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I have no problem with possession based football, but with England it looks like passing for passing’s sake with no real plan to open up the opposition. No crisp passing or pulling players out of shape. Grim!

LOL I was thinking how much it reminded me of Villa under Gerrard.

Some talented teams have looked really ponderous in this tournament, including England in this match, Uruguay, and Holland. On the other hand, Spain, Brazil, and France have looked like well-drilled high-level European club sides, moving the ball with purpose, playing one touch, and not overthinking. I have to say those are the three favorites right now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wasnt my point. No way an Argentinian will manage England

Maybe he could make James McClean his assistant

Only if your racist and a dinosaur do you overlook poch for a england job bwcause he is "Argentinian"

Surprising to see England fans suddenly a bit panicked. No question the goals will start coming for England soon. It’s easy to see. USA don’t have the on the ball quality and can’t hit the net. You’ve had a mediocre 45 minutes, but that won’t last. Mark my words. 

3 minutes ago, TomC said:

LOL I was thinking how much it reminded me of Villa under Gerrard.

The similarities are uncanny. They must have gone to the same school of coaching.🤔

• Like 1

So much talent but we have an overly cautious manager who gets off on turgid uninspiring tactics. Anyone who thinks England can win the World Cup needs therapy..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Surprising to see England fans suddenly a bit panicked. No question the goals will start coming for England soon. It’s easy to see. USA don’t have the on the ball quality and can’t hit the net. You’ve had a mediocre 45 minutes, but that won’t last. Mark my words. 

The thing is it's not this game in isolation or the result tonight

Its the belief that we will get through the group, maybe scrape though the 2nd round and then be shit

Its knowing that this team is good but the manager is **** dreadful meaning it's ultimately pointless, already plotting our inevitable failure

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1