World Cup: Matches

Genie

2 minutes ago, will87 said:

I don't think its a personnel problem, it's a playing style one, we're just left knocking it about at the back too often with no forward ball options

I have no problem with possession based football, but with England it looks like passing for passing’s sake with no real plan to open up the opposition. No crisp passing or pulling players out of shape. Grim!

• Like 2

I don’t understand the shock about USA been better than England this first half. Look at where most of these guys play their football. 

Dest - Milan, Pulisic - Chelsea, Adams - Leeds, McKennie - Juve, Musah - Valencia. Sure, they have a couple of MLS players but this game is playing out for England like i thought it would - bloody hard. USA should be ahead. The better team . 

• Like 1

Just my luck that I made this the first match to watch of this World Cup. It’s been a masterclass in not knowing how to break down a decent defensive structure. Will cock-nose know how to change the game? Or will I be asleep by 70 minutes? 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

England have been abysmal

Thats why i telling the onws mocking wales why? England did nothing yet

Rope-a-dope strategy. It’s obvious. Weston McKennie, for example, won’t have any petrol left in the tank in the second half. Then England will comE alive. Southgate is using his head. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wales could beat us playjng this badly.

Its been shocking 1st half

Give the states their fair dues. They’ve done their homework. They’ve had a plan for Bellingham and it’s worked. He’s barely touched the ball. England clearly went with the “ we’ll just turn up “ mindset. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I don’t understand the shock about USA been better than England this first half. Look at where most of these guys play their football. 

Dest - Milan, Pulisic - Chelsea, Adams - Leeds, McKennie - Juve, Musah - Valencia. Sure, they have a couple of MLS players but this game is playing out for England like i thought it would - bloody hard. USA should be ahead. The better team . 

They drew with Wales though, so really should be a very beatable side.

I think we’ll go through the gears as the game wears on, but Southgate really making things hard for us. What does Sterling offer in this kind of game? Foden on the bench is a travesty.

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

Rope-a-dope strategy. It’s obvious. Weston McKennie, for example, won’t have any petrol left in the tank in the second half. Then England will comE alive. 

You are definitely overestimating Southgate management skills 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

I have no problem with possession based football, but with England it looks like passing for passing’s sake with no real plan to open up the opposition. No crisp passing or pulling players out of shape. Grim!

Yep, you pass the ball in order to poke and prod (kw) in an attempt to pull the opposition out of position opening up a killer pass

The way England do it we pass the ball between the back 4 and rice for 30 seconds allowing the opposition to retreat in to their defensive shape and then wonder why we can't break it down before going long in to the channels, the passing is terrible, the movement is terrible

Its from the Steve Bruce school of football

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Wasnt my point. No way an Argentinian will manage England

Maybe he could make James McClean his assistant

Wouldn't suprise me if he is the new England manager. His agent already released the rumour out to say he will manage us

Edited by messi11

7 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Probably, but his name is not faded out on screen, like the half dead Maddison.

He will keep Walker for the possible France game, pick him when he's half fit, then stand their scratching his head wondering why Mbappe is rinsing him. 

I hate Southgate, he really is a boring prick.