World Cup: Matches

Genie

Poland and Mexico are two perpetual underachievers in tournaments aren't they, always get there and then never quite have it in them to go deep. Wouldn't completely be surprised if they end up finishing 3rd and 4th. 

Also, Lozano is a very fun player to watch, I really like him - but maybe I've been unlucky, but I don't recall him ever having much end product for all the flash. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Poland and Mexico are two perpetual underachievers in tournaments aren't they, always get there and then never quite have it in them to go deep. Wouldn't completely be surprised if they end up finishing 3rd and 4th. 

Also, Lozano is a very fun player to watch, I really like him - but maybe I've been unlucky, but I don't recall him ever having much end product for all the flash. 

Poland is a bit like Wales...don't have much coming through so just relying on their old players until they can't move. Their peak was 2016 but still Gilk, Krychowiak etc all start despite not being great at club level anymore. Dosen't help Zielinski is useless for them compared to his Napoli form as you'd think him and Lewandowski would be a brilliant combination.

Mexico are just the eternal last 16 team. They had some really good squads in the 2006-14 period but again relying on players now who are past their peak which seems to be a running theme for most teams in the World cup this time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

That name rings a bell, was he dreadful in the prem after bing highly rated?

He was brilliant for Sevilla under Emery. Then moved to PSG with him and struggled and then completely flopped at West Brom on loan when they got relegated. Since then just middling moves and really shouldn't be starting for the NT but not many options in central midfield.