Match Thread: LC3: Man United v Villa

limpid

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Olsen is a flappy crisp packets fumble from a set piece waiting to happen. He just reminds me so much of Nyland, looks scared of the ball and isn't at all commanding. I want to be more positive as he's not done anything wrong here but his last 2 showings and his general demeanor don't fill me with any confidence at all.

He's been the only entertainment so far

• Haha 1

Just now, Pinebro said:

I can't see this Ten Hag revolution.

Look like same old United to me. Just an average side.

How long has Mclaren been there, did they need someone to communicate with Van De Beek and the other Dutch chap

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Chambers is struggling a little bit on his bad side, but I think he's done well in terms of the way we've kept our shape and our line.

Been asked to play a dangerously high line when he's got the mobility of a tank it looks like. Done okay but been impressed with Konsa and  Young's organization

McGinn and Augustinson been a nonfactor on our left. Feel bad for McGinn - looks completely lost in that role out there. Ings and Watkins done alright but Ings is definitely not the same as Bailey in that position. Kamara-Luiz double pivot have been solid.

Gameplan is working - forcing United into expertly timed through balls. Would be worried if Eriksen or Casemiro came on. Their through balls will be better timed than Fred/McTom and impatient Bruno.

Would like to see Buendia/Bailey soon. 

Olsen 😬

Edited by DJBOB

1 minute ago, birdman said:

Dull but pleasing first half. Need subs on to quicken things up. Nice to sense some actual tactics from the gaffer though!

This is what I thought, it’s a clear gameplan . Under Gerrard it was just dull without a gameplan.  Nobody was expecting a trip to Old Trafford to be easy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Both teams pressing high leading to both teams having problems even getting out of their own half. Pretty much stalemate, which I guess has been the plan so far.

Amazing how well drilled we look all of a sudden off the ball. Need to take care of the ball better but we're stopping them playing.

Emery is known to be a master in these sort of games, his cup record speaks for itself.

The pragmatism isn’t a surprise, the lack of quality due to 2nd string and players still learning is very evident. Subs will change the game.

• Like 1