Christmas 2022

Seat68

Trip to Worcester hospital complete and now back to it!

My first use of a hospital since I was 12 (so 26 years!) my wife's first time ever using the NHS, my daughter too

It is a bit **** brilliant ain't it? Registered her on the spot, didn't even ask for my ID or her EHIC card or anything, they didn't care, didn't ask for insurance, told them we were here on holiday they said OK and then just treated my daughter, gave her a Christmas present too, also used 111 for the first time and would say it worked, the 24 hour call back actually coming back 36 hours later and in the middle of Christmas Dinner maybe wasn't the best...

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I haven’t opened any presents or had any Christmas dinner yet. I’m all over the shop

You'll be taking them back for a refund anyway

Spoiler

Yeah you know what they are

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Merry Christmas all!

Hope you all have fewer My Little Ponies in your houses than we now do...

All about the Care Bears for me :P 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dubbs said:

How is it 5 o clock and I'm only just having my first alcoholic drink?

I'm kinda jealous. I was still a bit drunk when I woke up and have finished bottles of fizz and res wine already. I think Port and cheese might finish me.

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Three course meal done, presents exchanged and now need a nap! Jeans seem to be tighter as well... must have shrunk in the wash 🤔

Obviously a bit more subdued than previous years. Raised a toast to the dear departed. She was 95 and went on her terms, which is how she lived her life!

Mom seems to be coping ok, think throwing herself into preparation for Christmas has helped. Took her mind off things somewhat. 

All the best my fellow VT degenerates.

I've eaten so much ive had to put more comfortable trousers on. Jeans off and joggers on. Stomach is making some ungodly noises.

If anyone's wondering what I got for Christmas, it's fat.

I got fat.

Hope your mum and everyone else has a good Christmas. Feel for your loss.

• Thanks 1