Weekends Football 28/30 October

andykeenan

Beale needs to be careful because he is starting to get a bit of an ego. I have gone from liking him to really liking him to starting to get pissed off with him. He needs to realise he is not the second coming yet . He might well be at some point in the future but he aint all that yet . Just like his mate Ste V he talks a better game than he currently puts on the pitch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he is doing a better job than beale when you consider they have no money, a small squad. He is producing miracles there in my opinion.

He spent more than Beale in the summer

22 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

They’re doing it well tho, but lucky they’re not facing Haaland. 

Yep. Manchester City have the depth that they can afford not to play Haaland even if he’s carrying the slightest knock (they do the same with a lot of their key players) and it both safeguards them from burnout towards the end of the season and prevents them from over reliance on individuals.   

In the game today though Leicester had to be absolutely on it for 90 minutes and even then it’s difficult when you’ve got the likes of De Bruyne hitting free kicks like he just did.  Leicester have still barely laid a glove on Manchester City and they’ll start tiring in the last twenty.  Obviously they’ve still got a chance on the break but I can see a second Manchester City goal before much longer. 

3 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Leicester have still barely laid a glove on Manchester City and they’ll start tiring in the last twenty.  Obviously they’ve still got a chance on the break but I can see a second Manchester City goal before much longer. 

You’re probably right but people probably thought the same when we played them.

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'd be interested to know what Brendan Rodgers' record is like against the 'top' teams. He always seems to bottle it. City won their last four at the King Power without conceding.

They smashed City 5-2 a couple seasons back

• Like 2

Ipswich throw away two goal lead against Charlton in normal time, so it's 2-2 going into injury time during which Ipswich restore their two goal lead to make it 4-2 to them, only to then conceded another two goals 4-4, four goals scored in injury time.

• Shocked 2

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Ipswich throw away two goal lead against Charlton in normal time, so it's 2-2 going into injury time during which Ipswich restore their two goal lead to make it 4-2 to them, only to then conceded another two goals 4-4, four goals scored in injury time.

Check their bank accounts in the morning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Napoli are probably the best team in Europe so far this season

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia is gonna be a superstar.  It’s crazy that he’s only in Napoli (and they got him for €10m!) because he was displaced by the Russian invasion of Ukraine.  I can’t see them hanging onto him for long if he keeps up current form as he’s gonna end up somewhere like Manchester City or Real Madrid. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â