Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

The probably with constantly spouting bollocks is that you are inevitably going to contradict yourself frequently. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I have a feeling this tweet will come up in court of any potential legal action.

Musk predicts that by letting far right conspirator grifters onto the platform it will be bad for business as advertisers will not want to have their products along side these people’s tweets.

He did it anyway, now wants to sue the people he knew he’d drive away

He justified censoring tweets during the Turkish elections and clearly has double standards. Or two tiers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I have a feeling this tweet will come up in court of any potential legal action.

Musk predicts that by letting far right conspirator grifters onto the platform it will be bad for business as advertisers will not want to have their products along side these people’s tweets.

He did it anyway, now wants to sue the people he knew he’d drive away

Intrigued that the poll had over 400 thousand views and yet less than 60000 voted. I wonder if 'No' votes were limited or scrubbed. 

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It also highlights how little work he actually does when he likes to portray himself as actively involved in all of these companies he runs, across the detail, making the decisions, but he's got all day to shitpost on Twitter.

Kind of scary that lads who were stuck in their bedrooms with their hands down their pants in the early days of the Internet 25 years ago now have so much influence on our world.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Implementation of the Online Safety Act -- can it be fast-tracked? Is that legal? Wish we had something like Ofcom in the States. Twitter needs to face actions when it is platforming incitement of riots in black and white, obvious ways.

British media watchdog Ofcom on Wednesday issued new guidance to technology platforms requiring them to take tougher action against harmful and illegal content.

Ofcom is hoping to get digital giants like Google, Apple, Meta, Amazon and Microsoft on board with its guidelines after King Charles III gave the final green light for tough new laws, known as the Online Safety Act.

Ofcom is the chief regulator under Britain’s Online Safety Act, with powers to enforce the regulation and levy fines against tech companies. The law gives the watchdog powers to levy fines of as much as 10% of companies’ global annual revenues for breaches, and even threaten potential jail time for executives over repeat breaches.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Personally I think the problem is more that the dominant economic model applied across the world for the past 40+ years has allowed certain corporations/individuals to amass such incredible fortunes that they can have an outsized impact on social and political issues.

Under a more egalitarian system, a single individual wouldn't be able to purchase such a large and influential platform to use as an amplifier for their own ideological viewpoints.

This leads us into a difficult moral quandary over the degree to which free speech should be limited and platforms censored to restrict their influence. I'm generally opposed to censorship, but can accept the need for greater regulation in the current climate. With that said, I honestly don't think it will do much address the underlying issues. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Kind of scary that lads who were stuck in their bedrooms with their hands down their pants in the early days of the Internet 25 years ago now have so much influence on our world.

4 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Under a more egalitarian system, a single individual wouldn't be able to purchase such a large and influential platform to use as an amplifier for their own ideological viewpoints.

This combo of posts gave me weird feeling. Somewhere between despair and a cringe. 

You couldn't make it up really. We genuinely have some idiot geek getting his own way with the mindset of bits of the planet. 

16 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Personally I think the problem is more that the dominant economic model applied across the world for the past 40+ years has allowed certain corporations/individuals to amass such incredible fortunes that they can have an outsized impact on social and political issues.

This leads us into a difficult moral quandary over the degree to which free speech should be limited and platforms censored to restrict their influence. I'm generally opposed to censorship, but can accept the need for greater regulation in the current climate. With that said, I honestly don't think it will do much address the underlying issues. 

This. It's pretty clear that neoliberalism has run its course. When you can compound vast wealth you grow at rates us regular mortals cannot hope to keep up with and it accelerates exponentially. It's basically monetary monopoly and it's highly undemocratic.

• Like 4

Today he posted up a post stating that the UK was building a prison camp on The Falkland Islands to house Rioters in.

He took it down after 1.7m people had seen it.

I honestly think he's smoked so much hash his brain is just rotting. Paranoia is setting in. He'll be stabbing people next. He's just gone mental. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Today he posted up a post stating that the UK was building a prison camp on The Falkland Islands to house Rioters in.

He took it down after 1.7m people had seen it.

I honestly think he's smoked so much hash his brain is just rotting. Paranoia is setting in. He'll be stabbing people next. He's just gone mental. 

If a newspaper or proper news outlet posted something clearly wrong and potentially damaging it would need to issue a clarification and an apology.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Musk going to stick his tongue up Trump's bottom on monday night

Dem, you really need to learn how to write proppa. I've had to fix that for you. 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â