Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

**** sake

He's pissing off everyone who made twitter what it is, I'm sure reddit and other social media will love to have these people to kill of twitter.

Musk is essentially that idiot tycoon from don't look up, he deserves all the crap coming his way.

Edited by magnkarl

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

**** sake

It gets worse than that:

This is the dude in question:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haraldur_Ingi_Þorleifsson

Haraldur Ingi "Halli" Þorleifsson (born 1977) is an Icelandic entrepreneur, businessman and philanthropist. The founder of the company Ueno and the 2019 Icelandic businessman of the year, he sold his company to Twitter in 2021, then worked for Twitter until he was fired in 2023 following a "bizarre" interaction with Elon Musk on the platform.

Early life and career

Haraldur was born with a genetic congenital muscle disease that forced him to use a wheelchair at the age of 24. His mother died when he was 11.

In 2014, Haraldur founded the creative technology services company Ueno. In 2019, he was named the Icelandic businessman of the year by the Icelandic Association of Business and Economists.

In early 2021, Haraldur sold Ueno to Twitter. In an agreement between him and Twitter, most of the purchase price was paid as salary to maximize the tax he would pay for the sale in Iceland. Per the agreement, he paid the second highest tax of an individual in Iceland in 2021.

In March 2021, Haraldur helped launch a project called Ramp Up Reykjavík, a collaborative venture undertaken by local businesses, labour unions, government ministries, associations, banks, and city officials with the intention of helping local businesses install wheelchair ramps to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. After the project's success, a new project called Ramp Up Iceland was started with the intention of building 1,000 ramps around Iceland. In December 2022, he was named the Icelandic Person of the Year by RÚV.

In February 2023, despite being on a "do not fire" list, Haraldur's employment with Twitter was allegedly terminated after an additional round of layoffs, although he received no confirmation. Following an interaction with Elon Musk on Twitter in March 2023 where Musk "trolled" him, Haraldur received confirmation from Twitter's human resources department that he had indeed been terminated

Having a congenital muscle disease is certainly some "excuse".

Edited by His Name Is Death

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

As it seemingly was a condition of the sale of the company, I cant see this ending well.

Musk doesn’t give a shit. $1m, $5m, $10m, $50m? Whatever he ends up paying out is pennies to him.

He should be banged in court (kw) in front of a judge who refuses to allow a financial settlement preferring to issue a custodial sentence. As fines have proven not to be a deterrent.

That might get a change of attitude. 

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

Musk doesn’t give a shit. $1m, $5m, $10m, $50m? Whatever he ends up paying out is pennies to him.

He should be banged in court (kw) in front of a judge who refuses to allow a financial settlement preferring to issue a custodial sentence. As fines have proven not to be a deterrent.

That might get a change of attitude. 

Alternatively that Musk needs to pick up trash along the highways in L.A for 20 weeks. Maybe it'd reorient his moral compass. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, His Name Is Death said:

Musk's dickriders are so bizarre. I've seen replies from people who have such blind faith in him that they insist on human trials being 'sped up' for the brain chip.

What's most ridiculous to me is being sure that, if George Soros or Bill Gates were trying to develop human brain chips, they’d be shitting their pants and crying conspiracy. But, because it’s epic troll rocket man Musk, they don’t care.

And often it's the same people who also hold contrarian views on different things. Musk is now the overlord of the trolls, genocide apoligists, Putin-lovers and the rest of the filth on twitter. The sooner this shitty platform dies, the better.

I'm pretty sure that Icelandic bloke can get Musk barred from Iceland at this rate, they take their anti-discrimination laws very seriously.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Publicly claiming he did no work sounds like a fairly solid libel case even in the US.

Nah, you can libel away in the US. Freedom of speech and all that.

Just to show how big of an idiot Elon is... Tesla is currently advertising for a UI/UX designer.

Skills required include:

The man doesn't even realise that his precious Tesla screens, user interfaces and design system are built using tools like Figma. 

All he's proved is that he's happy to laugh at people who are just using industry standard tools applicable to their actual job.

Edited by His Name Is Death

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Anyone else noticed that the Twitter Android app is complete garbage now? My "latest" feed takes hours to update with newer tweets. It's shockingly shit. 

It's appalling. Since Musk took over it has become worse and worse.

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

His whole response thread there is pretty entertaining 😁

Ouch, I bet Elon is quite heavily annoyed about that one. I loved the emerald mine and covid would only last two weeks bits. 

I also bet Elon will get his account banned, and then claim he's all for free speech again. Just to show what a two-faced loon he is.

Edited by magnkarl

28 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

It's appalling. Since Musk took over it has become worse and worse.

When the pilots take their hands of the wheel, the plane doesn't crash immediately. Years of institutional knowledge have been lost because people don't want to work with this massive penis. The brand name and inertia is all it has going for it right now, it has no money, and a workforce that's had one of the biggest self-inflicted braindrains I've ever seen.

But he's a billionaire so he must know what he's doing :) 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â