Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

Has all the hallmarks of 'new coke'. Change the brand, everyone hates it, change back, everyone's happy and you got a lot of free publicity. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

Musk's been going on about having an 'everything app' for donkeys, seems like he thinks Twitter is the opener for that and he's decided now is the time to make the first steps.

Having the name just be 'X' shows he's not clever though. Good luck trademarking a letter.

• Like 2

He's been trying this 'X.com' bullshit since he was at Paypal.

Most companies would give anything to have a brand as ubiquitous as Twitter, or having an everyday verb as part of the public consciousness "I've tweeted this" vs "I'm posting a microblog to x.com about..."

I wonder at which point the new puppet/CEO found out about this rebranding.

Still undecided about whether it's active sabotage or if he's just incredibly thick.

I'm waiting for the lawsuit from someone over the logo

Musk says, post new logos for X and we'll put the best one up tomorrow

That is genuinely one that someone posted

No clue if it's been stolen from elsewhere and no contract over the copyright of the design. Absolutely zero due diligence and certainly no market testing etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

No clue if it's been stolen from elsewhere and no contract over the copyright of the design. Absolutely zero due diligence and certainly no market testing etc.

Is it actually being used as anything but his profile pic?

I'm still 50/50 on if he's daft enough to try and do this or if he's just going for the lulz.

As for market testing, legal concerns, etc, I think he fired all of those departments, things will probably sort themselves out ;) 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

I thought that. 

I was thinking of signing up just to send him the ITV X logo 

• Haha 2

If there’s a big fuss about the logo/copyright he’ll see it as free publicity and settle for a few million with money in the back pocket of the jeans he left in the corner of the bedroom.

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

If there’s a big fuss about the logo/copyright he’ll see it as free publicity and settle for a few million with money in the back pocket of the jeans he left in the corner of the bedroom.

He doesn't have any money. He only has wealth.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, limpid said:

He doesn't have any money. He only has wealth.

He could quickly and easily sell a few Tesla shares, like he has done several times. He could have hundreds of millions of cash in the bank from previous sales for all we know. 

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

He could quickly and easily sell a few Tesla shares, like he has done several times. He could have hundreds of millions of cash in the bank from previous sales for all we know. 

So that makes him smart? 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Really? How many of those shares are not already leveraged against other loans?

He'd need one of the businesses to cover the payment, in this case Twitter. I can't see the organisations that own Twitter (the ones that lent the purchase money against Tesla stock) being happy with him dropping money for no good reason, especially when he's losing about a billion a week from he market cap.

14 minutes ago, limpid said:

Really? How many of those shares are not already leveraged against other loans?

He'd need one of the businesses to cover the payment, in this case Twitter. I can't see the organisations that own Twitter (the ones that lent the purchase money against Tesla stock) being happy with him dropping money for no good reason, especially when he's losing about a billion a week from he market cap.

What would he need to have loans to the tune of tens of billions of dollars for?

He bought Twitter outright didn’t he (by selling Tesla shares).

Forbes are suggesting he worth more than $200b again after Tesla shares have pumped recently.

Shares of the electric vehicle giant run by the oft-erratic billionaire Elon Musk rallied to their highest price since early this year in Friday trading, as Musk’s net worth, battered badly by his controversial purchase and leadership of Twitter, closes in on once again becoming the largest in the world.

He could quickly and easily raise more money than we could ever dream of if he wanted to (like he did to buy Twitter that he didn’t really want to).

Edited by Genie

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â