Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

5 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Can you imagine? Dr Tony on steroids

Substitutes? We can get rid of those for a start. Don't need a defence, that's what the keeper is for. We'll trim the squad back to 7 players, that's all you need for a season.

Oh, and anybody that wants to watch more than 15 minutes of a match needs to pay extra for a little name badge that may or may not actually have your real name on it.

• Haha 3

So the helmet's latest contribution to global discourse is to publicly call Zuckerberg a "cuck". Brave words from a middle aged man who got his mom to bail him out of a fight :D

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 2

So it seems as a non Twitterer I can now view tweets again. 

He's running scared now.  I bet there was a massive downturn in views because of people like me being unable to read stuff. 

Expect to see more users to come up with controversial tweets to drive engagement. Twitter Blue users can get paid ad revenue now for tweets they’ve made, I believe the more replies to the tweet means more ads in the thread. 

5 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Expect to see more users to come up with controversial tweets to drive engagement. Twitter Blue users can get paid ad revenue now for tweets they’ve made, I believe the more replies to the tweet means more ads in the thread. 

bot-tastic

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

bot-tastic

Probably a reason ad revenue is falling. 

If you're paying someone per click you want actual people clicking, not some robotic response so you're likely to spend your money elsewhere on a better governed format. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Probably a reason ad revenue is falling. 

If you're paying someone per click you want actual people clicking, not some robotic response so you're likely to spend your money elsewhere on a better governed format. 

I'm not even convinced that Twitter advertising was effective, even pre-Musk.

I'd be amazed if many people interacted with promoted tweets. They are way too easy to spot and scroll past.

Yep, twitter have announced their advertising revenue has halved and the reason given was advertisers didn’t want their products appearing next to unregulated offensive shite.

Not sure incentivising people towards shock jock tactics will improve that.

• Like 2

Going to need to rename the thread soon. 

Twitter will be no more. The be rebranded as X and all the little birdies to go. 

I assume because Musk has vandalised the brand to the point of no return. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â