Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

11 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

This thread is pretty insightful I reckon.

It’s not working for me “this page is down”. Is that my iPad, or has it been elongated?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

So has Musk broken twitter on iOS ? Wouldn't surprise me ...

The website isn't working on Windows or Android, so I assume you're using an app? I guess the apps are routed through different infrastructure if they're still functional - or maybe coincidental timing, seems to be up again now

Properly falling apart though, it's the inevitable consequence of alienating all your skilled staff and having only employees who are arse kissers or simply trapped (a lot of visa hostages still there apparently). He couldn't have run this company into the ground more effectively if he was trying.

Edited by Davkaus

Just now, Davkaus said:

The website isn't working on Windows or Android, so I assume you're using an app? I guess the apps are routed through different infrastructure if they're still functional - or maybe coincidental timing, seems to be up again now

Properly falling apart though, it's the inevitable consequence of alienating all your skilled staff and having only employees who are arse kissers or simply trapped (a lot of visa hostages still there apparently). He couldn't have run this company into the ground more effectively if he was trying.

Yeah I'm using the official Twitter app. That would suggest the API is working fine still even if the website is down.

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Yeah I'm using the official Twitter app. That would suggest the API is working fine still even if the website is down.

It was only a few months ago they tried to revoke API access from some third parties and took down their own website. I have absolutely no idea what the root cause was of this outage but I wouldn't bet against them doing the same thing again :D 

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

And to follow up from that "this silly little thing happening in a niche corner of the internet has real world consequences" point...

You just know there’s a room full of clever Twitter staff who predicted this would happen but didn’t tell the boss cos they didn’t want to be sacked.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

You just know there’s a room full of clever Twitter staff who predicted this would happen but didn’t tell the boss cos they didn’t want to be sacked.

And instead of thinking "maybe this is a terrible idea", he'll read stories like that and say "well if it's that big a deal cough up $8 a month douchenozzle, ROFLMAO, see how much I owned that jabroni?"

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The website isn't working on Windows or Android

My android was just a browser, I don’t have the app, but to stay on topic, since his purchase of titter, it’s all just ropey.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

And instead of thinking "maybe this is a terrible idea", he'll read stories like that and say "well if it's that big a deal cough up $8 a month douchenozzle, ROFLMAO, see how much I owned that jabroni?"

Curious what twitters liability for libel would be in a situation like this?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â