Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Musk played it well, softball interview, not fact checked or backed up with research, nice little bit of PR for him.

Essentially, the BBC took a risk that this was either going to be a PR puff piece for Musk, or it was going to be Musk doing a live twitter stream execution of a BBC journalist.

They decided to take that risk, because in that journalists own words, anytime they can include the words Elon or Musk in any article or podcast they do, the clicks ramp up exponentially.

So, a nice puff piece for Musk, at the time they are trying to get him to be nice about how he prescribes how the BBC is described on twitter.

Adults can see that the manchild was treated like a manchild. Unfortunately tens of millions of people don’t have the ability to filter or contextualise. They’ll just see hero Musk bested BBC.

Get me and all my big words!

• Like 3

I'm still pissed off at the journalist. As a sales guy if I'm after a big account I've done all my research before I reach out to them. There is no freaking way that I would be caught off guard if they called me right after recieving one of my emails. I'd be ready. I don't get why anyone would ask for an interview with someone they have shown no interest in before sending the emai.

I'd hang my head in shame if I handled an introductory conversation as badly as this. The lack of time to prepare would not wash with me at all. Don't send the email if you are not ready to go 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rolta said:

One man shouldn't have so much power.

What power does he have? He's easily avoidable. Its not like he's Stalin or Pol Pot. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's easily avoidable.

he isn’t. That’s the issue. Social media is too powerful in deciding anything to do with democracy and he’s taken a very clear side. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Straggler said:

I'm still pissed off at the journalist. As a sales guy if I'm after a big account I've done all my research before I reach out to them. There is no freaking way that I would be caught off guard if they called me right after recieving one of my emails. I'd be ready. I don't get why anyone would ask for an interview with someone they have shown no interest in before sending the emai.

I'd hang my head in shame if I handled an introductory conversation as badly as this. The lack of time to prepare would not wash with me at all. Don't send the email if you are not ready to go 

I agree you cant say you have seen offensive things on your twittee then when he asks you for a example you can't even answer. Thats pretty amateur and makes yourself look like a fool

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree you cant say you have seen offensive things on your twittee then when he asks you for a example you can't even answer. Thats pretty amateur and makes yourself look like a fool

It's not like saying an anecdote down the pub though.

The interviewer knows he has to stand up scrutiny and will be fact-checked. If he can't remember exact and precise details there's no way he can say anything. Musk knew this and badgered him to to try and get him flustered - it worked.

Although the guy should have been better prepared, he did the correct thing and didn't mention something that was not 100% bulletproof.

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

It's not like saying an anecdote down the pub though.

The interviewer knows he has to stand up scrutiny and will be fact-checked. If he can't remember exact and precise details there's no way he can say anything. Musk knew this and badgered him to to try and get him flustered - it worked.

Although the guy should have been better prepared, he did the correct thing and didn't mention something that was not 100% bulletproof.

The problem is if your going to highlight such a big subject like that then you need to have at least one or two examples as he was always going to ask for a example. Makes you look small time

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

What power does he have? He's easily avoidable. Its not like he's Stalin or Pol Pot. 

You could take that line with Rupert Murdoch. He is avoidable too, but his affect and influence on what is supposed to be a democracy actively undermines democracy. I'm all for Musk putting the funding source on every single policy influencing Twitter profile—in fact, it would be great—but he's probably not going to do that. What he is going to do is label anything with public money in a certain way that basically shows his not very impressive and biased understanding of the world.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Imagining all the high fives flying round hurrr hurrr hurrr hurrr 🥴

It’s not funny or accurate is it. 

Less than 70 is not the same as 69… I wonder how many people pointed that out in the comments.

Apparently Musk is going to make his own AI to counter Chat GPTs 'Liberal Bias'. 

So after telling us all that AI is the biggest threat to humanity, he's going to build one that is selfish, loves guns and wants to invade the white house. 

I wish he could hear himself sometimes. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Imagining all the high fives flying round hurrr hurrr hurrr hurrr 🥴

Stuff like this, changing the Twitter logo to the doge meme for a few days, and he's still got the public relations email autoreplying with a turd emoji. It's like a 12 year old boy has become head of a social media network. What a **** clown.

Aren't I hilarious boys? So clever

Mr burns season 8 episode 21 GIF - Find on GIFER

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

All people need to do is not use Twitter.  That's it.

I have tbh because it’s becoming unusable now, but it’s like voting… you are a drop in the ocean. As long as Twitter remains influential and widely used, it’s worth paying attention to.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I have tbh because it’s becoming unusable now, but it’s like voting… you are a drop in the ocean. As long as Twitter remains influential and widely used, it’s worth paying attention to.

Not sure if he’s bullshitting or being economical with the facts but Musk is saying numbers are up so people are tuning in to the car crash.

• Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â