Musk's Twitter Purchase

KentVillan

13 hours ago, KentVillan said:

If you haven't seen Glass Onion yet on Netflix, without giving too much away, it's nice to see the whole "Musk is a genius" narrative getting royally skewered like this. The whole film is basically a relentless "**** that word removed Elon Musk" in dramatic form. The Musk character is called Miles Bron, which is an anagram of Elon is Mr B.

It's managed to wind up loads of Musk bootlickers. Love it.

SPOILER ALERT: Don't read this thread if you haven't seen the film and want to watch it.

Sounds terrible.

On 28/12/2022 at 00:55, LondonLax said:

I wonder if the long term outcome is that Tesla becomes a battery company and sells their tech to legacy car manufacturers to do the traditional car side of things?

There’s still a lot of demand for their cars in the US.  My next door neighbors have 2.  Over the past few years, as sales of the Model 3 took off, I would occasionally count the number that I encountered on my 6-mile commute to work out of curiosity, either on bicycle or in my car.  A couple of years ago, I’d typically count between 10 and 20.   A month or so ago I counted 40 one morning.

Their solar and battery business are going strong.   My stepmother and my best friend from college (he also has a Model 3) have both installed solar with the power wall in the last 2-3 years.  Neighbors across the street installed a Tesla roof last year.

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

There’s still a lot of demand for their cars in the US.  My next door neighbors have 2.  Over the past few years, as sales of the Model 3 took off, I would occasionally count the number that I encountered on my 6-mile commute to work out of curiosity, either on bicycle or in my car.  A couple of years ago, I’d typically count between 10 and 20.   A month or so ago I counted 40 one morning.

Their solar and battery business are going strong.   My stepmother and my best friend from college (he also has a Model 3) have both installed solar with the power wall in the last 2-3 years.  Neighbors across the street installed a Tesla roof last year.

Is the Solar tile thing going? I thought it had floundered. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Is the Solar tile thing going? I thought it had floundered. 

As far as I know.   The neighbor just got her roof a year ago and another neighbor was telling us about some guy he met who supposedly has the biggest Tesla roof in Northern California.   This neighbor is up on all the latest tech and I think would have made a comment about the the roofs not being available any longer.  I read that they’ve cancelled a lot of solar projects, but it’s unclear why.  Some speculate that they’re changing their business model to work through 3rd party installers instead.   There seems to be a geographical component to the cancellations.  I don’t see any indication that the business was faltering, as their installations were up last quarter.

• 2 weeks later...

Just suffered a world record slump in personal fortune apparently.  Lost a mere USD165bn.  More than double the previous record of  USD58.6bn suffered by Masayoshi Son.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Just suffered a world record slump in personal fortune apparently.  Lost a mere USD165bn.  More than double the previous record of  USD58.6bn suffered by Masayoshi Son.

Such a genius. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

He's been VERY quiet lately.  Had to go to page 3 to locate this thread.  Anyone else reckon he's been silenced by his advisors?

Very likely yes. Advertisers probably leaving the platform in their droves and he has been told to shut up before he totals Twitter.

Being a bit of a nob full time does eventually come back to haunt you.

Saying that, he could give everything away and just keep a token billion to keep the lights on if he wanted. 

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

Saying that, he could give everything away and just keep a token billion to keep the lights on if he wanted. 

I'm sure he has squirreled away some money already. Even he must have known the Tesla valuation was ridiculous. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, av1 said:

I don’t use Twitter, what does a gold tick mean? 

It's a badge to inform others that the holder doesn't understand that they are paying to be a product.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I guess the usual clearings in the woods. Influencers and massive corporations.

We're waiting for the Platinum Tick, where companies can remove negative tweets abount them and remove thier authors from the entire planet

Right wing nutjobs will also be allowed their own special Swas Tick(a)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tesla dumped their EV prices just after Christmas, meaning that you can now get a Tesla Y (SUV) for about 10k less than most of the competitors mid range SUV's. Musk has essentially taken the EV market apart, and as expected sales of Teslas has once again skyrocketed. 

Though I'm sure this strategy wasn't decided by Elon - he's too busy being a Pro-Putin turd on Twitter to have thought of it.

One of our neighbours got one, what Elon hadn't told them is that the car doesn't have sensors as Elon is going to develop something called Tesla vision which will use the cameras to gage distance and has taken out all radar and sensors in the car. The funny thing is that the Y is so large that there's a blind spot all along the front of the bonnet, meaning that no camera will ever see in example a low brick wall ahead of the car.

In short my neighbour's already dinged the car twice and is now considering if he's going to keep it. 

12 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I guess the usual clearings in the woods. Influencers and massive corporations.

But why would they pay, everyone already knows what their official account is regardless of whether there's a tick or not. 

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Tesla dumped their EV prices just after Christmas, meaning that you can now get a Tesla Y (SUV) for about 10k less than most of the competitors mid range SUV's. Musk has essentially taken the EV market apart, and as expected sales of Teslas has once again skyrocketed. 

Though I'm sure this strategy wasn't decided by Elon - he's too busy being a Pro-Putin turd on Twitter to have thought of it.

One of our neighbours got one, what Elon hadn't told them is that the car doesn't have sensors as Elon is going to develop something called Tesla vision which will use the cameras to gage distance and has taken out all radar and sensors in the car. The funny thing is that the Y is so large that there's a blind spot all along the front of the bonnet, meaning that no camera will ever see in example a low brick wall ahead of the car.

In short my neighbour's already dinged the car twice and is now considering if he's going to keep it. 

I mentioned in the car thread a few weeks back about this. They are selling model 3’s for about £42k and with only 2-4 weeks delivery. They must have built a shit load of them to be able to deliver that quickly. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â