Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Blasphemy I know but really it would be nice if Unai kept the squad fresher and game more opportunities to the likes of Maatsen. That's as far as I'd dare to criticise.

I actually wouldn't even mind Maatsen at LW at times.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Blasphemy I know but really it would be nice if Unai kept the squad fresher and game more opportunities to the likes of Maatsen. That's as far as I'd dare to criticise.

Disagree on that today. Digne better defender and Maatsen is more versatile and can play in midfield. So with us forced to play 2 wingers in Philogene and Bailey. Knew Bailey could only play 50/60 mins. So we needed Maatsen on bench as he could be needed in many positions

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Disagree on that today. Digne better defender and Maatsen is more versatile and can play in midfield. So with us forced to play 2 wingers in Philogene and Bailey. Knew Bailey could only play 50/60 mins. So we needed Maatsen on bench as he could be needed in many positions

Giving him just five minutes was a bit odd, he should've come on with Duran imo.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Giving him just five minutes was a bit odd, he should've come on with Duran imo.

Yeah with Konsa using up one of the sub slots in the first half it meant we had 4 more possible subs in the other two slots, so I'm surprised he didn't bring someone else on with Duran.

59 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think Emery was probably ok with a draw at that point. With the international break coming up 

• Like 1

Quote of the day from the commentator, “ United’s bench cost more than the entire Villa starting 11”. We should never forget how far this guy has us punching above our weight. We have a decent squad now but, in my opinion, there are at least 7 teams with better squads than us. Unai continues to make the difference.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Quote of the day from the commentator, “ United’s bench cost more than the entire Villa starting 11”. We should never forget how far this guy has us punching above our weight. We have a decent squad now but, in my opinion, there are at least 7 teams with better squads than us. Unai continues to make the difference.

This! Unai has work his magic on the squad, we do have some quality, but Unai has to take a lot of the credit, he has pushed some of the players on with his methods. 

His work ethic is just phenomenal, hope he stays for years to come!

Thankfully he wasn't swayed by Newcastle! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think we have a better squad than Newcastle (similar first 11 but look at our squad options compared to theirs) but the Sky 6 teams have better squads than us purely because they've spent a lot more money - Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, City. 

Unfortunately they will continue to spend more than us until we bridge that revenue gap but as long as we have Emery we have as good a chance as half of those teams at getting top 4. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â