Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Yeah. I listened to the whole clip and they were very respectful about Emery and Villa overall (about as respectful as you can be without belittling the achievements of other clubs). People really need to stop getting wound up about nothing when it comes to media coverage - we're furious if they don't cover us, and we're furious if they do cover us and say our mangager / players might leave, and apparently now we're furious if they cover us and say our manager / players won't be leaving because Villa is now a great place to be.

The only comment that struck me as ill-informed was the implication that Emery should have been a bit braver and told his Villareal boss he was going to leave for Newcastle, which was one five second sentence out of the whole ten minute video. We all know the reason he didn't want to leave for Newcastle was because he looked at the leadership of the club at the time and the way they were bumbling about, and decided that environment wouldn't allow him to be a success. Nothing to do with bravery. I'm sure he'd have moved there without any issues had he'd felt it was right for him.

I swear now knowing what sort of person Unai is, that he looked at the Saudi situation and let his conscience make the decision. Must have been very tempting though. But he would know there would be other opportunities. Perhaps Nas had even whispered as much before. 

21 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I just love how he's the classiest and most respectful of folks going and then you stick him on the touch line and he becomes an absolute animal!

That's just perfect though because he has the mentality to be kind and also ruthless which is part of what makes him a success 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Cannot be lost that he said we were shit in the first half on live TV a few games ago then beat Bayern in CL. I love this man

I've noticed he is getting more animated on the side, especially with the officials. He didn't used to get involved with that, maybe he's also becoming a fan.

Some of his rants at the players are becoming legendary. He is also so respectful towards everyone, he always says good evening and he actually answers the questions (unlike others i could mention)

On 28/06/2024 at 07:33, Villa87 said:

Don’t often see management team and owner having lunch together do you?! Love our ownership / management model. 

I think it's more than just Aston Villa, do they have an input in to V sports generally?

I would be amazed if their knowledge was not imparted on to certain criteria at the other clubs.

5 hours ago, GrootVilla said:

That's just perfect though because he has the mentality to be kind and also ruthless which is part of what makes him a success 

Dr Jeykl and Mr Hyde.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TDR V2 said:

I've noticed he is getting more animated on the side, especially with the officials. He didn't used to get involved with that, maybe he's also becoming a fan.

Some of his rants at the players are becoming legendary. He is also so respectful towards everyone, he always says good evening and he actually answers the questions (unlike others i could mention)

Don't be fooled.......It's a latent strength.....some of the most courteous and unassuming people, can be ruthlessly Driven.

What part of " He has the keys to the castle" at Villa do they not comprehend....even our future King knows that.

Edited by TRO

Just heard his interview for the game Sunday. He reiterates, what we all know already. This guy is not messing around, he is hear to win. Sounded proper serious about it too.

It's a little unfortunate we can't spend, as I think Unai would have us a Trophy maybe this season. Personally I think we are one or two seasons to winning something serious.

On 03/10/2024 at 14:49, TreeVillan said:

I think you heard what you wanted to hear really.

Hmmmm. Well put it like this (there's simply no way I'm going to listen again) but here's what I heard / recall of the brief, as indicated, few minutes I heard.

Emery could easily leave Villa for a bigger club, as indicated by him leaving Villareal for us. Manchester United were being spoken about as such, again, in the very brief time I listened before switching off.

In conclusion, and by coincidence, I turned on the radio to bask in our win and heard only negativity (not what I wanted to hear),, just as I checked here briefly to bask a little still, and yet more negativity. Why am I bothering even to justify any of this.............

5 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Hmmmm. Well put it like this (there's simply no way I'm going to listen again) but here's what I heard / recall of the brief, as indicated, few minutes I heard.

Emery could easily leave Villa for a bigger club, as indicated by him leaving Villareal for us. Manchester United were being spoken about as such, again, in the very brief time I listened before switching off.

In conclusion, and by coincidence, I turned on the radio to bask in our win and heard only negativity (not what I wanted to hear),, just as I checked here briefly to bask a little still, and yet more negativity. Why am I bothering even to justify any of this.............

I wouldn’t say easily. How many big clubs would be willing to give him as much control as Villa have? I feel like that’s the main point that’ll keep him here for many years to come.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Don't be fooled.......It's a latent strength.....some of the most courteous and unassuming people, can be ruthlessly Driven.

What part of " He has the keys to the castle" at Villa do they not comprehend....even our future King knows that.

Oh he uses it as a strength but it's refreshing to hear someone so respectful towards others. And he's ours

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I wouldn’t say easily. How many big clubs would be willing to give him as much control as Villa have? I feel like that’s the main point that’ll keep him here for many years to come.

I personally feel like it's totally laughable the very idea of King Unai leaving us for literally any club in the world for the next number of seasons. That's how strongly I feel. Hence the point to my rant about Talksport talking nonsense that was completely misunderstood by some posters on here above.

• Thanks 1

I think Champions League qualification is again the main aim this season.

If Villa do that I believe it opens up a little more financial muscle for next season.

Then the target is to win some trophies. Of course it is possible this season but I really think number one is CL qualification.

Emery won't leave Villa until he's won a couple of trophies.

Also Manure will NOT change their whole model to allow Emery full control, most teams won't. With Real Union links, I'm certain he's here for awhile yet.

Tactically Emery must be one of the best Managers around and also he could well be Villa's best too.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â