Unai Emery

PeterSw

Just now, Jareth said:

Can't get enough of the Man U fans on twitter last night, if you searched 'Emery' they were nearly all bemoaning how Ten Hag has had the same time and more money and achieved nothing, and they really want Unai. Like they can just wave some money at him and point to their glories. 

Except winning the League Cup and FA Cup.  We need to win a trophy with Emery, we'll never have a better opportunity.

• Like 1

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are so lucky

One day, there will be a bump - it happens. If anyone boo's him - they forfeit all their Villa privileges

If we built a statue - he'd ask to melt it down and replace it with one of every employee of AVFC.

The greatest manager we've had; and a wonderful human too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Interesting bit from Unai - "We know your sacrifices, personal effort, how much you must work to be able to come to VP". 

A little dig at Heck or just trying to smooth things over with the attention on pricing over the last couple of weeks?

40 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Interesting bit from Unai - "We know your sacrifices, personal effort, how much you must work to be able to come to VP". 

A little dig at Heck or just trying to smooth things over with the attention on pricing over the last couple of weeks?

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Can't get enough of the Man U fans on twitter last night, if you searched 'Emery' they were nearly all bemoaning how Ten Hag has had the same time and more money and achieved nothing, and they really want Unai. Like they can just wave some money at him and point to their glories. 

There's no chance Man United would get him. He's been burned by going into that sort of club before and they wouldn't give him anywhere near the kind of freedom he has here. They're deluded if they think they can poach him from us.

• Like 1

Mistakenly put on TalkSport briefly to bask in the aftermath a little. White and Jordan both indulging this fantasy about Manchester United attracting King Unai as though we're still in the 90's. Preston North End used to be huge too. Villa fan who called in batted this away valiantly but missed a trick when asked if we'd beat United on Sunday answering "of course". 

He should've said, "We'll likely lose, of course".

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mantis said:

There's no chance Man United would get him. He's been burned by going into that sort of club before and they wouldn't give him anywhere near the kind of freedom he has here. They're deluded if they think they can poach him from us.

Guillem Balague nailed it when he said yesterday it didn't work at Arsenal and wouldn't at Man Utd because he wasn't protected, here he has had carte blanche to do whatever he wants, bring in anyone he wants and is totally secure in the role.  Villa is the perfect club for him.  It's easy to forget he is only 52 as well and still got 15 years of management ahead of him so could easily build something truly historic here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Guillem Balague nailed it when he said yesterday it didn't work at Arsenal and wouldn't at Man Utd because he wasn't protected, here he has had carte blanche to do whatever he wants, bring in anyone he wants and is totally secure in the role.  Villa is the perfect club for him.  It's easy to forget he is only 52 as well and still got 15 years of management ahead of him so could easily build something truly historic here.

Yeah exactly, and the links with Real Union are a great example of how we've reorientated the entire club around him.

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Mistakenly put on TalkSport briefly to bask in the aftermath a little. White and Jordan both indulging this fantasy about Manchester United attracting King Unai as though we're still in the 90's. Preston North End used to be huge too. Villa fan who called in batted this away valiantly but missed a trick when asked if we'd beat United on Sunday answering "of course". 

He should've said, "We'll likely lose, of course".

I think you heard what you wanted to hear really. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll be honest, for some people, it's actually a term of endearment and banter, not meant as a piss take or dig.

When he first came in, and we went on a winning run, I did the same with memes, and people got pissed off with me, so I stopped,even though the intention was positive.

I say all that to say I don't think it's in malice.

I guess because alot of it is rooted in Arsenal fans and others taking the piss during his " I'll fated " spell there it's a touchy one.

Always with the common sense you!

You have no place here.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

I think you heard what you wanted to hear really. 

Yeah. I listened to the whole clip and they were very respectful about Emery and Villa overall (about as respectful as you can be without belittling the achievements of other clubs). People really need to stop getting wound up about nothing when it comes to media coverage - we're furious if they don't cover us, and we're furious if they do cover us and say our manager / players might leave, and apparently now we're furious if they cover us and say our manager / players won't be leaving because Villa is a great place to be.

The only comment that struck me as ill-informed was the implication that Emery should have been a bit braver and told his Villareal boss he was going to leave for Newcastle, which was one five second sentence out of the whole ten minute video. We all know the reason he didn't want to leave for Newcastle was because he looked at the leadership of the club at the time and the way they were bumbling about, and decided that environment wouldn't allow him to be a success. Nothing to do with bravery. I'm sure he'd have moved there without any issues had he'd felt it was right for him.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â