Unai Emery

PeterSw

10 hours ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

An elite manager with a strong footballing structure around him makes all the difference. Who knew? Really feel like this could be the year our trophy drought ends. He deserves it, the players deserve it and us supporters deserve it more than anyone, I think.

Said it before but the League Cup is one we can absolutely aim to win, and I really believe we can. Once we get one trophy, the rest will follow. Winning cups is a habit we all want to see our boys picking up!

Yeah, good point. It's weird. Champions League has been the holy grail for Villa since the competition was expanded in the late 90s. Now that we have done that once, I feel a trophy is next.  Some clubs,  like Man U, have this annoying habit of winning trophies even when they are on the decline. I really would love to see us get some silverware in the next 2-3 years.

• Like 3

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can’t wait to witness what this King has got cooked up for us tonight. After Ipswich, if we had a mere mortal in charge, I would be starting my visit to VP full of trepidation. Unai gives us all hope. I am so excited. No matter what happens it is a sight that I never thought I’d witness and I absolutely intend to savour every single moment. UTV.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I can’t wait to witness what this King has got cooked up for us tonight. After Ipswich, if we had a mere mortal in charge, I would be starting my visit to VP full of trepidation. Unai gives us all hope. I am so excited. No matter what happens it is a sight that I never thought I’d witness and I absolutely intend to savour every single moment. UTV.

Tonight will tell us if we have what it takes to win the whole thing.  It would instill confidence into players and fans if we win that we can belong.   Knock on to the league too.

Massive game on so many levels.  

Unai will be ready it's just on the players to implement his genius.

• Like 2

Unai has consistently got this team up for the big games. We don't always win them, but we almost always lift our game.

Arsenal this season
Two Arsenal games last season
Man City last season
Liverpool at the end of last season

I'm not confident of a WIN tonight, because Bayern really are an excellent team. But I'm supremely confident of a top performance from Emery and the team. And that's really all that matters

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Unai has consistently got this team up for the big games. We don't always win them, but we almost always lift our game.

Arsenal this season
Two Arsenal games last season
Man City last season
Liverpool at the end of last season

I'm not confident of a WIN tonight, because Bayern really are an excellent team. But I'm supremely confident of a top performance from Emery and the team. And that's really all that matters

Yeah was thinking the same, games like Ipswich, Mostar etc aren't his bread and butter. These are the games.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â