Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

His awareness of what all of this means is astonishing. His dedication of the result to Gary Shaw, his awareness that the last goal we scored in this tournament was a goal to win it, and his constant sensitivity to how the fans see the game, is so wonderful. He’s a class act. 

He has such a broad respect and understanding of our club. Combine that with tactical nous and an ability to get so much out of his players and you’ve got something v special. 

Thank you for getting us here and for a wonderful result, Unai. 

I agree, though the last goal we scored in the competition before tonight wasn't  the 82 final, but the 83 qf

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xela said:

What a great guy

Who's this interviewer? Is it me or does he just over-explain every single question before he asks it. It's like I have to listen to every answer twice – his version and the version of whoever he's interviewing. 

5 hours ago, skarroki said:

Swear to Christ nothing on the internet triggers me more than some braincell deprived person posting "good ebening" below anything Emery related. Do people actually think it's funny? 

The Venn diagram of the people writing that comment and people who have the reading and writing skills of an underachieving primary school student (in one language, not numerous like Emery) is a circle. 

I thought that last night, hardly ever listen to interviews but wanted to see what he said about Shaw last night 

The man starts the interview by saying good evening, that's the class of the man, he politely says hello in his 2nd language 

And people want to take the piss out of him? Get the **** out of it

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought that last night, hardly ever listen to interviews but wanted to see what he said about Shaw last night 

The man starts the interview by saying good evening, that's the class of the man, he politely says hello in his 2nd language 

And people want to take the piss out of him? Get the **** out of it

I don't actually think people are taking a taking a piss. I just think they like the phrase and how it sounds a bit suave and Continental and dare I say sort of classy? It's a bit of a signature now for Emery, too, at this point. No historically oppressed or vulnerable group is being ridiculed here, are they? It's honestly hard for me to imagine any Spanish speakers taking offense, but respect to them if they do -- I stand ready to learn. Also, does anyone except the truly moronic think Emery's not completely self-aware and perceptive enough to grasp a long time ago that the phrase makes a few people amused? Name one thing Emery would ever leave to chance? It's performative and part of his Basque Genius schtick -- totally intentional and funny. He's known to be a joker.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

7 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

His awareness of what all of this means is astonishing. His dedication of the result to Gary Shaw, his awareness that the last goal we scored in this tournament was a goal to win it, and his constant sensitivity to how the fans see the game, is so wonderful. He’s a class act. 

He has such a broad respect and understanding of our club. Combine that with tactical nous and an ability to get so much out of his players and you’ve got something v special. 

I have to say that Unai Emery "gets" Aston Villa F.C.

Glad the summer BS has calmed down and we are trusting this man again, ive never felt so comfortable that there is a bigger picture at the end of everything we do, hopefully people start to see that and not throw dummies over sales & purchases 

On 18/09/2024 at 00:11, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

The last goal (pre-Tuesday) was to win it? What about the games against Besiktas, Dinamo Bucharest and Juventus?!

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Genuine question.  Why does he continuously touch his face in interviews?

Just a nervous habit. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â