Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, jayEm said:

There are not enough superlatives for Unai. His letter to the fans in the programme is beautiful and it says so much that someone as dedicated to the craft as he still finds the time to write something so sincere and thoughtful to the supporters.

I genuinely feel sorry for fans of other clubs who don't have someone like Unai at the helm. He is the very best of football managers. He represents this sport in its finest form. You can keep your Guardiolas, your Klopps, your Artetas. Even your Ronaldos and Messis. There is nobody I would rather have associated with Aston Villa.

Where can I get a copy of that letter?

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I loved how he emphasised that he "Never punishes a player for making a mistake." It's a great trait to have as a manager because it prevents inhibition in the players. 

Yes I remember reading this about him. He doesn’t create bomb squads or drop players for no apparent reason. I think it would have been utterly pathetic if someone like Mings would have left simply because Steven Gerrard didn’t like him.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I loved how he emphasised that he "Never punishes a player for making a mistake." It's a great trait to have as a manager because it prevents inhibition in the players. 

But he can certainly dish out some paint-stripping bollockings, as we saw on the touchline in the last match. 

It's part of the job. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Where can I get a copy of that letter?

I saw it somewhere (Twitter?) yesterday but can't find it again now. If anyone has it (or has the programme from Saturday to hand) please post it here!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

But he can certainly dish out some paint-stripping bollockings, as we saw on the touchline in the last match. 

It's part of the job. 

That appeared to be aimed at Tielemans, I think I'd have cried

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TDR V2 said:

That appeared to be aimed at Tielemans, I think I'd have cried

From the Trinity, I thought it was aimed at Barkley, who was also playing well! Not a coincidence that he is such a great manager with that passion and perfectionism. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JordRS said:

From the Trinity, I thought it was aimed at Barkley, who was also playing well! Not a coincidence that he is such a great manager with that passion and perfectionism. 

It might have been, they were fairly close together

6 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

He is just a great man manager and you rarely hear anything bad from his ex players. In his first game I always remember he gave a struggling McGinn minutes when fans were slowly starting to turn on him but also Sanson who had barely been seen for months

He is consistently correct with his calls

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Unai and Heck are the yin and yang of Aston Villa.  Complete opposites in every way.

One has the job to make us happy. The other has the job to rinse the fans of every penny we're willing to pay.

So, they're both doing great.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â