Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Fight Like Lions said:

I can’t quite believe we are now one of those teams who can win games despite not playing our best. This sort of sorcery always used to be reserved for other clubs, Utd under Fergie or Arsenal with Wenger. We were always the team who crumbled and collapsed going 2-0 down or conceded an equaliser and played for a point. What a turnaround with Unai Emery at the helm, exciting times when you consider the potential of our younger players and the improvement that will come from our defence. 

Has been like this for a while as well and a design  Last season I think we won a lot of games playing within ourselves and continuing it on this season

Its a great skill and allows the players full energy for City/Arsenal type games

20 minutes ago, fleksnes said:

Beeing down by two goals after 30 minutes,and i am nowhere near worried about not winning the match. That is what Unai Emery has done to me. That and going into every game thinking if it all clicks Villa will win. And if it doesnt click,i know the manager is capable of doing the changes to get a win anyway. 

100% ive never ever felt this way as a villa fan. Was watching with 2 arsenal lads at pub yesterday and said even after 2nd went in we’d win it. Unai is a genius. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Anyone got a full list of wins by all our managers? As in the ones who have more wins than Emery.  If it’s just PL matches, there can’t be more than 1-2 above him.

Excluding interims/caretakers etc (McDonald, Danks, McAllister and god knows whoever else we've had step in when things have gone to sh*t)

In terms of PL wins:

Gregory- 63

O'Neill- 61

Little- 51

Emery- 38

Atkinson- 38

O'Leary- 37

Smith- 28

Lambert- 25

Taylor- 15

Gerrard- 12

Houllier- 8

McLeish- 7

Sherwood- 6

Garde- 2

Edited by Avfc96
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Avfc96 said:

Excluding interims/caretakers etc (McDonald, Danks, McAllister and god knows whoever else we've had step in when things have gone to sh*t)

In terms of PL wins:

Gregory- 63

O'Neill- 61

Little- 51

Emery- 38

Atkinson- 38

O'Leary- 37

Smith- 28

Lambert- 25

Taylor- 15

Gerrard- 12

Houllier- 8

Sherwood- 6

Garde- 2

Christ. I think McLeish must be in that bottom five too, can't remember exact stats but sure he's better than Sherwood. We are very lucky right now.

Just now, T-Dog said:

Christ. I think McLeish must be in that bottom five too, can't remember exact stats but sure he's better than Sherwood. We are very lucky right now.

Damn, I missed him out. 7 wins for McLeish. 

Just watched the Duran goal back and it’s gone unnoticed I think (not surprising given the end product) but I reckon there were 25+ passes in the build up.

We are a good team and it’s all down to Unai, can’t wait to see how we go in the Champs League.

2 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Damn, I missed him out. 7 wins for McLeish. 

I'm more than happy to never be reminded about him, I'm gonna assume it was a genuine admission just to save us from reliving that time.

Just now, T-Dog said:

I'm more than happy to never be reminded about him, I'm gonna assume it was a genuine admission just to save us from reliving that time.

I've just got flashbacks of Hutton and Heskey on the wings away at Spurs, 😱

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, fleksnes said:

Beeing down by two goals after 30 minutes,and i am nowhere near worried about not winning the match. That is what Unai Emery has done to me. That and going into every game thinking if it all clicks Villa will win. And if it doesnt click,i know the manager is capable of doing the changes to get a win anyway. 

He's definitely created a buzz amongst the fans

10 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

I've just got flashbacks of Hutton and Heskey on the wings away at Spurs, 😱

There comes a time when you just have to lock the trauma away, it'll never leave you but there's no point in letting it ruin your present. 

10 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just watched the Duran goal back and it’s gone unnoticed I think (not surprising given the end product) but I reckon there were 25+ passes in the build up.

We are a good team and it’s all down to Unai, can’t wait to see how we go in the Champs League.

i saw a clip of the full goal online somewhere, i think they said 26 passes and 30 seconds of ball retention. 

• Like 1

There are not enough superlatives for Unai. His letter to the fans in the programme is beautiful and it says so much that someone as dedicated to the craft as he still finds the time to write something so sincere and thoughtful to the supporters.

I genuinely feel sorry for fans of other clubs who don't have someone like Unai at the helm. He is the very best of football managers. He represents this sport in its finest form. You can keep your Guardiolas, your Klopps, your Artetas. Even your Ronaldos and Messis. There is nobody I would rather have associated with Aston Villa.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â